Here you'll find some of our behind the scenes fixes, small updates to the look and feel of the app, as well as smaller additions to the API and Recurly.js. Don't worry, for bigger updates you can still check out our blog, as well as read our newsletter. If you have questions on any of these items, don't hesitate to contact support
- 4/25/23 Launched Recurly's new app management solution designed to make Recurly your single source of truth for subscriptions across web, Apple, and Google platforms. Learn more here.
- 4/25/23 Added a new field to the API, a column in exports, and a note in the UI if tax service was used or not. The field in the API and Exports is a boolean field called used_tax_service. In the UI, the invoice will display a note if tax service was used or not.
- 4/19/23 Added Apple Pay and Google Pay support to Recurly's Adyen integration.
- 4/19/23 Added new parameters to the Apple Pay and Google Pay integrations to streamline Recurly.js purchase flows.
- 4/17/23 Added new "Subscriber Reports" to Recurly Analytics. These new dashboards include an additional filter to “Combine Subscriptions” which combine back-to-back subscriptions to provide a more accurate count for activations and churn. Learn more.
- 4/4/23 Added additional billing models for Usage Based Billing Add-ons. When charging a percentage of an amount, these add-ons now support pricing tiers and volume in addition to a fixed percentage take rate. Additionally, usage can now be tallied cumulatively over the entire subscription term, in addition to tallying usage over each billing cycle. Learn more.
- 3/15/23 Added the ability to define your business's identity in a single location, allowing you to more easily manage the company information used for invoices and transactions with your customers. You are now able to set a company address to display on invoices sent to customers, and create an entirely separate/unique address to use as the origin tax calculation address that is passed through Vertex and Avalara for all transactions. "Company Information" and "VAT ID" fields no longer live on the "Site Settings" page are now managed directly from the newly added "Business Entities" page. Learn more
- 2/21/23 Added the ability to set a Charge custom field value via the Recurly Admin UI. Learn more in the Custom Fields on Charges section.
- 2/10/23 Recurly Entitlements have been released. Merchants can now create and manage a catalog of features and functionality that can be granted to their end customers based on purchases of subscription Plans and Item Add-ons.
- 2/7/23 Released API V3 support for Gift Cards. Learn more.
- 2/7/23 Released API v2 Client Libraries to support Custom Fields on Charges and Plans. Learn more or view the developer docs.
- 1/31/23 Released support for Google as a Single Sign-On (SSO) identity provider (IdP). Recurly now supports three IdP's: Google, Okta and Azure.
- 1/24/23 Create and assign custom roles based on your unique security requirements to ensure the right people have access to the right features and data. For existing merchants, previously configured permission sets have been recreated as roles, so you don’t need to change anything for existing users. Learn more.
- 1/17/23 Added the ability to set Custom Fields on Charges (via Line Items and Purchases) when using the v3API. Learn more.
- 1/10/23 Email parameters for custom fields are now available to support merchants in merging a custom field value into their email templates. Learn more.
- 1/10/23 Recurly's email timezone functionality is now available through both API versions to support account-level email timezone assignment. Learn more.
- 12/08/22 In Salesforce fixed bugs where on initial subscription creation the plan could not be changed, unable to edit fields, and syncing was erroring out; have all been fixed. The timing card on the VF page of an order has also been moved to where it should be. A separate shipping address field was added so it only displays when needed.
- 12/7/22 Added additional webhook functionality to better support renewal notifications. Learn more about prenewal webhook notifications, or view the developer docs.
- 12/6/22 Added the ability to duplicate a plan. This was a Recurly Engineering Innovation Days project that is delivered into the hands of our merchants. Read the documentation on how to duplicate a plan. Learn more.
- 11/29/22 Added API V3 and API V2 support to be able to apply account balances to past due invoices. Learn More.
- 11/21/22 in Salesforce it was incorrectly displayed showing the plan length as the length of the trial due to incorrect naming. This was updated to reflect the actual plan length and trial length(if applicable)
- 11/15/22 Added API V2 support for Custom Fields on Plans, where you can create, view and edit plan custom fields via the API. Added resource for Custom Field Definition, where you can see all custom fields defined in the site or retrieve a specific field. Learn more.
- 11/9/22 Added additional flexibility for Renewal Reminder email templates, which are now have the option to send at Term Renewal AND/OR Bill Date. Learn more.
- 11/9/22 The usage-based add-on calculation methods feature enables merchants to determine whether to charge their customers for usage by the sum of all recorded usage amounts throughout a billing period, or by the most recent amount of usage recorded before the end of a billing period.
- 11/8/22 Recurly's Two Factor Authentication (2FA) feature now supports additional authenticator apps including Twilio Authy, Okta Verify, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator
- 11/3/22 Recurly JSON webhooks now support signature verification for increased security. Verification can be performed manually or with the help of the v3 Ruby and Golang client libraries
- 11/2/22 Ability to add custom, formulaic fields within Report Builder for dashboard specific needs
- 11/2/22 Added API V3 support for Custom Fields on Plans, where you can create, view and edit plan custom fields via the API. Learn more.
- 11/2/22 Added additional conditional logic flexibility to the Renewal Reminder email templates when there is a pending subscription change. Learn more.
- 10/25/22 With Custom Fields on Plans, merchants can now add custom attributes to a plan in the UI, allowing them to more easily find the plan that is right for their customers. Learn more.
- 10/21/22 Added the ability to log and display usage-based add-ons on plans in decimal quantities. Merchants will need to contact Recurly Support to enable this feature flag on their Recurly site. Once the feature flag is turned on, all usage-based add-ons will be measured and displayed in decimal quantities on invoices. Supports both V2 and V3 APIs.
- 10/20/22 In Analytics for Subscriber Retention, increased the capacity to download additional columns up to 100
- 10/17/22 In Salesforce the UX for updating a payment method would cause a new page to display, instead of updating the values on the VF page. This has been updated to allow the payment method to be updated on the VF page without the extra page
- 10/14/22 With the Recurly Builder feature, merchants are now able to build powerful, flexible, and configurable custom reports and dashboards. Merchants can download these reports for further analysis and share as dashboards throughout their company.
- 10/5/22 In Salesforce fixed a bug where fields were updated and being overwritten by the sync causing an error
- 9/27/22 With Ramp Pricing, merchants can attract new subscribers through a discounted point of entry that ramps up over time to the full subscription cost. Conversely, merchants can reward subscriber loyalty by scheduling pricing discounts to valuable, long-term customers.
Learn more about Ramp Pricing.
- 09/27/22 Released revenue recognition for Enterprise in beta access
- Added the ability to apply account balances to past due invoices via the UI.
- 09/13/22 Added a new Annual Reminder email template. This template will be sent to customers on an annual basis from the start date of their subscription. There are state specific mandates which require this notification to be sent annually. Learn more.
- 09/13/22 On the Mastercard Renewal Reminder email template, the "days prior" configuration option is updated from a preset dropdown to a text field.
- 08/24/22 Released a new NetSuite Integration that allows merchants to connect sites to NetSuite to push catalog data and transactions data on a hourly cadence with a configurable approach
- 08/23/22 Restricted the ability to change the email address on an existing account via Recurly HPP (Hosted Payment Page).
- 08/16/22 Released Mastercard mandate addition to the Payment Confirmation Template. Allows you to send payment confirmation emails to only customers using a Mastercard.
- 08/10/22 Released updates to Analytics experience with the following: Persistent (i.e. saved) dashboard filters, Dashboard sharing, Refunds on the Subscriber Retention Dashboard, Expanded Monthly Recurring Revenue dashboard
- 08/09/22 Released Account Activities Explore & Download feature. Gain critical insight into who within your Recurly site does what, when. Available for Professional and Elite plans, only accessible for users with Admin access.
- 08/09/22 Relocated Users Export from the dropdown on the Users page to the new Admin Exports tab under the "Admin" section on the left-side navigation panel.
- 07/28/2022 JSON webhooks now available! Webhook endpoints can be configured to a.) receive XML or JSON payloads b.) receive specific notifications related to subscription lifecycle events
- 07/19/2022 China UnionPay payment method is now available on Adyen, Cybersource, and Stripe gateways in addition to Chase Orbital and Braintree.
- 07/19/2022 New ability to set a unique time zone specifically for sending emails to each of your customer accounts. This will help ensure your varying customer geographical locations receive emails sent via the Recurly App in their corresponding time zones, alleviating confusion of time/date stamp discrepancies between the email itself and dates reflected within the email content.
- 07/18/2022 Released updated version of our Recurly for Salesforce integration which enables merchants to be able to automatically capture customer payments by empowering the customer to input their own billing information from the Recurly's billing info update page. Also, enabled the ability to automatically create a subscription once an opportunity is set to "closed won" without the need to click the "Create Subscription in Recurly" button. See more details here
- 07/12/2022 Google Pay payment method is now available! Today we support Google Pay with Stripe gateway.
We will add more gateways support in the future.
- 07/05/2022 Added support for ZDA for Vantiv and FirstData gateways
- 07/05/2022 Updated the max length of custom fields to 255 characters. Learn about Custom Fields.
- 06/22/2022 A new gateway Checkout.com has beed added to Recurly. With this integration we support 123 currencies with debit and credit cards. Alternative payment methods and 3DS will be supported in the future. Learn more about Checkout.com integration.
- 06/14/2022 A User Export report is now live in production for all merchant sites. This is accessible in the admin section of Recurly App, and provides a CSV output of a given site's users, their permissions, and the date each user was added to the site.
- 06/14/2022 Admins can now search for specific users by name or email via a search box on the main User Access page
- 06/14/2022 On the main Users page, Admins can now leverage the Permissions filter to narrow the User list down by access levels
- 06/01/2022: Polish and Swedish added to list of supported languages for email templates, hosted pages, and invoices
- 06/01/2022 Tax inclusive pricing now supported using the Recurly In the Box tax service and Avalara Direct.
- 05/17/2022: Kount custom fields support. Now it is possible to send data for Kount custom fields from Recurly JS.
- 05/03/2022: Tax inclusive pricing using API V3, V2, and the UI available when using Vertex. Adds "Includes tax" or "does not include tax" in the UI when creating subscription or purchase and a tax_inclusive field in the subscriptions and purchases endpoints of the API. To learn more, visit the Tax Inclusive Pricing page.
- 05/03/2022: Updated UI under Admin Section on Recurly App. On "User Access" page under "Admin" section, admin user must click on individual site user within main table to navigate to their unique user page in order to remove a specific user.
- 05/03/2022: "SSO Settings" is no longer a button present on the "User Access" page. Merchants can now access SSO Settings on its own page accessible under the "Admin Section".
- 04/04/2022: Updated Invoice Settings page to provide new images that accurately reflect the existing UI design, as well as provide context for where to find Invoice Customization information.
- 04/05/2022: Newly added documentation page for Invoice Customization, an RA feature that went GA on 04/05/2022 for all Pro and Elite merchants. With Invoice Customization, merchants can tailor multiple invoice templates to reflect different customer segments, geographical locations, entities within a merchant's organization, and unique logos.
- 04/28/2022: Apple Pay payment method on Braintree gateway. Now it is possible to accept Apple Pay on Braintree in addition to Vantiv, Stripe, Cybersource. Please see developer documentation for more information.
- 03/23/2022: Released support for Microsoft Azure as a Single Sign-On (SSO) identity provider. Recurly now supports Okta and Azure.
- 03/22/2022: Released updated version of Recurly for Salesforce integration that enabled multiple subscriptions via opportunity as well as allow our EU merchants to set their data center for their salesforce organizations. Also included is a a couple bug fixes related to issues with invoice calculations and delayed syncs. See more details here
- 03/17/2022: Mastercard Reminder email template added to help merchants stay compliant with the upcoming Mastercard mandate. When enabled on a plan, the email reminder is sent to Mastercard subscribers 3-7 days prior to their bill date.
- 03/08/2022: Updates to the subscription edit page within the Recurly App Admin UI were released, which provide the ability to change some subscription details when there are existing pending changes, without losing the existing pending change.
- 02/25/2022: iDEAL payment method is now live and available to all merchants though RecurlyJS via Adyen. See more details here.
- 02/08/2022: The Dunning Campaigns feature has now been enabled on all sites. The Dunning Effectiveness report is updated to allow viewing data for an individual campaign or all dunning campaigns collectively. See more feature details here and details on the Dunning Effectiveness reporting here
- 01/28/2022: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that enabled editing subscriptions from opportunities and easier correlation to subscriptions. Added a sidebar highlighting subscription details and updated to invoice rollup data sync. See more details here
- 12/17/2021: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that fixed a bug related to SOQL limits. See more details here.
- 12/10/2021: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that fixed a bug related to future dated subscriptions. See more details here.
- 12/07/2021: Added support for the Wallet & Account Hierarchy features to be compatible. Learn more about Wallet.
- 11/23/2021: Added 3DS support to our SagePay integration so merchants can properly adhere to the PSD2 mandate. Documentation here.
- 11/19/2021: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that fixed bugs related to the admin page and permissions for loading the subscription page. See more details here.
- 11/08/2021: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that enabled broader multi-currency syncs for Products and Subscriptions, full readability to all Subscription Term fields, and Updated VF architecture to LWC. See more details here
- 10/29/2021: Recurly releases Account Hierarchy: Invoice Rollup, providing new capabilities for billing and invoicing customers with complex hierarchical business structures. You can now rollup charges from multiple child accounts that bill to a common parent account into a single invoice. This provides you with the the ability to greatly simply the billing process for your customers, while reducing your transaction costs. Learn more here
- 10/21/2021: Support added for Worldpay/dlocal accounts in Argentina, which include a new payment method, Tarjeta Naranja. Learn more about this account configuration here.
- 10/14/2021: Added new capabilities to Recurly's Dunning Management functionality.
You can now create multiple dunning campaigns and assign specific plans and accounts to different campaigns (available for Pro and Enterprise only), create trial specific dunning cycles, and stop dunning emails for a past due invoice without having to fail the invoice. Details here. To enable these features, please reach out to Recurly Support and request to have the Dunning Campaigns feature enabled on your site.
- 9/30/2021: Added a processor configuration selection option for Cybersource merchant, which fixes processor-specific Card-on-File handling. See more details here.
- 9/29/2021: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that fixed a bug related to subscription creation via the subscription object. See more details here.
- 9/02/2021: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that fixed bugs related to editing subscriptions. See more details here.
- 8/31/21: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that allows for one-time charges, syncing custom fields from Recurly, and extending start dates for future dated subscriptions. See more details here
- 8/25/21: Added IP Address collection for Cybersource payments where Recurly.js is present.
- 8/10/21: Updated email template descriptions related to dunning.
- 8/05/21: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that fixed a bug related to pricing sync and enabled additional logging during resync. See more details here.
- 7/27/21: An update to our Recurly Admin UI modifies the appearance of the buttons used to create new items, charges, credits, subscriptions, etc.
- 7/13/21: Added dunning campaign name, code, and ID to the Dunning Event webhook.
- 7/9/21: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration that fixed a bug related to manual invoicing. See more details here.
- 6/24/21: Re-organized the elements on the Plan page in a chronological order to enhance our merchant’s experience when building, viewing, or editing Plans.
- 6/17/21: Updated Vertex integration to break out Canadian taxes for country and state rates on customers final invoices. Invoice responses via API also support a breakout of Canadian tax rates.
- 6/3/21: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration. This version allows users to sync Recurly plans, add-ons, and items with Salesforce products and standard price book entries, as well as creating subscriptions and accounts in Recurly from closed opportunities in Salesforce. See more details here.
- 5/17/21: Released updated version of the Recurly for Salesforce integration, fixing a few bugs. See more details here.
- 4/29/21: Released enhancements to out out of the box Avalara tax integrations to always send AccountID and no longer send AccountCode.
- 4/22/21: Recurly releases Wallet to let you offer more convenience and improve customer satisfaction by giving your customers the ability to have multiple payment methods on one account. Wallet also allows you to simplify renewals and reduce payment failures by enabling backup payment method. Read the press release to learn more.
- 4/22/21: Updated Avalara integration to break out Canadian taxes for country and state rates on customers final invoices.
- 4/15/21: Released enhancements to Recurly's in-the-box tax solution to support taxation in Indonesia. Learn more.
- 4/8/21: Released enhancements to tax integrations for AvaTax and AFC to select which account identifier is sent to Avalara. To prevent sending PII to Avalara, you can now send Account ID instead of Account Code.
- 4/8/21: Released enhancements to AvaTax integration to make it optional to send $0 invoices. Invoices created at the start of a trial are $0 and will have not have any taxes applied. To avoid Avalara charging for these invoices, don't send $0 invoices.
- 3/25/21: Released enhancements to Recurly's in-the-box tax solution to support taxation in Chile. Learn more.
- 2/25/21: Release Pay with Venmo as a new payment method available via our partnership with Braintree.
- 2/25/21: Released a prerenewal webhook which is sent 1 day before each subscriptions renewal. This can be used as a notification to log additional usage, one time charges, or make updates to the subscription that can be included for the renewal invoice.
- 2/25/21: Released additional support for usage add-ons with a tiered pricing model to allow for usage corrections. Usage logged for a previous billing period will be charged on top of the usage already billed in that billing period
- 2/18/21: Released decimal pricing for usage add-ons. Recurly can now support up to 9 decimal places for usage-based billing. Learn more.
- 12/29/20: Released enhancements to Recurly's in-the-box tax solution to support Brexit related tax changes. Learn more.
- 12/3/20: Released the ability to Preview an Invoice when creating a new subscription within the Recurly App Admin UI. (learn more)
- 11/19/20: Released support for Quantity Based Usage Add-Ons for Xero and Quickbooks Online.
- 11/19/20: Updated the Hosted Account Management page and added new email parameters to better support Subscription Billing Terms.
- 11/12/20: Released Prepaid Account Balance for the Admin Console enabling customers to prepay for their future subscriptions and one time purchases so merchants can collect cash immediately. (learn more)
- 11/5/20: Released Items on Subscriptions. This improvement provides merchants the flexibility to create plans that sell any item(s) in their catalog without defining a plan for every specific item combination. (learn more).
- 11/5/20: Released the ability to Preview an Invoice when editing a subscription within the Recurly App Admin UI. (learn more).
- 10/29/20: Released support for Item Coupons (learn more).
- 10/12/20: Released Recurly for Salesforce v2.39.3. Release notes.
- 9/24/20: Released Recurly for Salesforce v2.39 (release notes)
- 9/17/20: Released Prepaid Account Balance functionality enabling customers to prepay for their future subscriptions and one time purchases so merchants can collect cash immediately
- 9/10/20: Released updates to the Avalara for Communications integration
- 9/10/20: Released Multiple Tax Numbers functionality to allow merchants to issue invoices with Tax Identification Numbers specific to the customer's country. This allows for better international invoice compliance.
- 9/10/20: Updated payment gateway configuration flow to support education around payment gateways and invitation of other users who are best positioned to configure the gateway in Recurly.
- 9/10/20: Launched Secure Data Sharing integration with Snowflake. Recurly data exports can be requested through the Snowflake Data Marketplace
- 8/31/20: Recurly for Salesforce v2.38 released
- 8/27/20: 100+ currencies added to Recurly. Learn more.
American Express Card Refresher: Merchants can now input their own SE number to register for American Express Card Refresher.
- 8/21/20: Clarified documentation for Russian VAT rate and the fact that reverse charge is no longer applicable. Functionality already reflected this.
- 8/14/20: FlexibleField mapping support for Vertex Integration
- 8/7/20: Early Access for Avalara for Communications Integration
- 8/7/20: Support for Vertex Version 9.0 (version 7.0 is being deprecated 12/31/20)
- 7/30/20: All country/region codes in the Recurly application have been updated to match the latest ISO listings.
- 7/30/20: For businesses with their own Avalara AvaTax accounts that are leveraging accrual-basis sales tax accounting in Recurly, invoices will now be committed in Avalara upon creation rather than upon payment.
- 7/30/20: Released Quantity-Based Pricing for Usage Add-Ons. Usage Add-Ons that charge a price per unit now support tiered, volume, and stairstep pricing models. The V3 API now includes support for Usage-based billing.
- 7/16/20: Based on new tax guidance, the logic supporting coupons applied to tax-inclusive transactions has been updated. Coupons applied to tax-inclusive transactions are now treated as tax-inclusive themselves. Contact Recurly Support for further details if necessary.
- 7/16/20: Added ability to Preview Subscription Changes in the V3 API
- 7/9/20: Fixed bug that allowed revenue recognition schedule to be set for subscription add-ons via the V3 API when the revenue recognition feature was not enabled.
- 7/7/20: Released new option to define recurring item add-on charges at the subscription level rather than the plan level. This functionality is in Early Access testing at this time. For early access to this feature, please contact Recurly Support.
- 6/25/20: Added API and Recurly.js support for BACS via GoCardless.
- 6/18/20: Fixed bug that prevented invoices with older add-ons from syncing between Recurly and Quickbooks & Xero.
- 6/11/20: Adyen level II card data support released.
- 6/11/20: Updated invoice info when viewing invoices in the Recurly Admin Console for sites with the Credit Invoices feature enabled. The Invoice Info card will now clearly indicate if an invoice was created prior to the Credit Invoices feature being enabled, so that it's easy to understand how future actions on that invoice will work.
- 5/28/20: Released Quantity-Based Pricing for Item Add-Ons. Items added to plans can now support tiered, volume, and stairstep pricing models.
- 5/28/20: Updated Zendesk Integration introducing Recurly for Zendesk Sell. Chat and Support now offer permissions for Professional Zendesk customers with Groups.
- 5/28/20: Added support for charging Mexican VAT when using Recurly Taxes.
- 5/7/20: China UnionPay Support added to the Chase Orbital gateway.
- 4/30/20: Updated the Item Details URL format to only include pagination when uninvoiced charges exist for that item (triggering the display of those charges in a paginated table at the bottom of the page). The base item URL will continue to redirect automatically to the paginated URL when uninvoiced charges exist.
- 4/23/20: Released Quantity Based Pricing Models for Add-ons. These pricing models are now supported for Add-ons charged at the beginning of the billing period. The same pricing models will be available for Items and Usage Add-Ons later in Q2. If you are interested in the Items and Usage functionality, please email [email protected]
- 4/23/20: Released GoCardless ACH support. This is supported on API V2 and V3 as well as RJS and Recurly HPP.
- 4/16/20: Released new Item Add-Ons functionality enabling catalog items to be sold as add-ons on plans and subscriptions. This release also includes two new item-related exports.
- 4/9/20: Released functionality to choose between accrual-basis and cash-basis sales tax reporting for users connecting Recurly to their own Avalara AvaTax account.
- 4/2/20: Added external_sku field for saved item add-ons to the v2 Subscription Add-Ons and Subscriptions Add-Ons History exports.
- 4/2/20: Added Add-On Tier Type and Add-On Total Amount to the v2 Subscription Add-Ons and Subscriptions Add-Ons History exports to support the Quantity-Based Pricing Models.
- 3/26/20: Released support for Croatian Kuna (HRK) across the following gateways: Adyen, Bambora, Braintree, CardConnect, Chase Orbital, Cybersource, First Data, Payeezy, Stripe, Vantiv, Wirecard, and Worldpay.
- 3/26/20: Released updates to Merchant e-Solutions integration to support new COF indicators.
- 3/12/20: Released new Item Add-Ons feature for Early Access testing! This allows catalog items to be sold as recurring add-ons on plans and subscriptions. This release also included two new item-related exports, the display of external_sku for saved item add-ons in the Subscription Add-Ons array in the Subscriptions webhooks, and an optional external_sku e-mail parameter for item add-ons and one-time item charges in customized e-mail templates. For early access to this feature, please contact Recurly Support.
- 3/5/20: Added revenue_schedule_type field to all v3 API requests and responses for the Plans, Plan Add-Ons, Subscriptions, and Purchases endpoints. This change spans all versions of the v3 API. The field will display in API responses for all sites, but will only be populated or accept values for sites using our Revenue Recognition feature.
- 2/27/20: Recurly's integrations with QuickBooks Online and Xero were updated to support the Item Catalog feature. Now, items created in Recurly are synced to the QuickBooks or Xero item catalogs, and both one-time and recurring item sales in Recurly are tagged to the appropriate QuickBooks or Xero items when passed to one of these accounting systems.
- 2/20/20: Released new Item Catalog functionality enabling a catalog of offerings to be built in Recurly and sold via one-time charges. This release also included updated wording around add-on type and billing model on the Create/Edit Plan pages, and an update to the Billable Add-Ons table on the Plan Details pages to show Add-On Code instead of Accounting Code.
- 2/3/20: Released Convert Trial feature enabling a subscription to immediately move from a trial to a paid subscription when a customer requests to end their trial early. Current available in the Admin UI and V2 API.
- 2/13/20: Recurly launches a new integration with GoCardless! Learn more. The initial launch supports SEPA payments via Recurly's Hosted Pages, with API support coming soon, as well as additional payment methods.
- 2/13/20: Added new external_sku field for one-time item charges to the Adjustments (v4), Adjustments - Taxes (v4), and Adjustments - Coupons (v3) exports.
- 2/6/20: Added support for Discover Stored Credentials for the Payeezy Gateway.
- 2/6/20: Added new external_sku field for one-time item charges to all Adjustments (v2.24) and Line Items (v2019-10-10) API endpoints.
- 2/3/20: For one-time item charges, the attribute populated in the product_code field in our Adjustments and Line Items API endpoints was switched from the item's external_sku to the item's item_code, to better align with upcoming item add-ons. All historic one-time item charges were updated so the data is consistent over time. Upcoming releases will pass this change on to our Adjustments exports, and add an additional field for displaying external_sku.
- 1/30/20: Released update to Adyen to support Visa Free Trial Mandate.
- 1/2/20: Released updated export for Subscriptions - History (V2)
- 12/17/19: Phased rollout starts for the new Item Catalog functionality. This feature will be enabled for all sites with the Credit Invoices feature over the upcoming weeks. To get immediate access to this feature, please contact Recurly Support.
- 11/27/19: Recurly introduces the newest version of our integration with Zendesk. The first release enabled support agents to find details on a customer’s account and subscription information directly within their Zendesk interface. The second release adds the ability to Pause, Cancel, and Refund subscriptions; also within the Zendesk interface. Check out the full details here.
- 11/22/19: Added Stored Credential support for Bambora.
- 11/22/19: Recurly introduces our new Item Catalog functionality for early access testing. To get access to this feature on your site, please contact Recurly Support.
- 11/14/19: Pause and Postpone requests will now update the current_period_ends_at to be reflective of when the current period will end. Historically these dates were not updated and were not accurate when a subscription was paused or postponed.
- 11/1/19: Recurly introduces Gateway Failover. To safeguard your payments against gateway downtime, learn more about this feature.
- 10/10/19: Recurly API v3 is now GA. Features JSON and foundation built upon OpenAPI. Get started with the Quickstart Guide or take a look at the Upgrade Guide if you're upgrading from v2.
- 10/10/19: ZDA support across all supported gateway integrations completed.
- 10/2/19: Released Recurly for Zendesk Support and Recurly for Zendesk Chat. Integrate subscriber details into your support and chat ticket interface, saving time, optimizing your revenue, and providing great service to your customers.
- 9/26/19: Fixed bug on edit subscription page which will now display the Plan Name and not the Plan Code in the dropdown.
- 9/12/19: Added Declined Refund invoice setting for merchants using the Credit Invoices feature. Enabling this setting sets the default behavior for declined refunds to block the transaction rather than issuing a refund credit invoice.
- 9/5/19: Change and cancellation subscription requests now support three timeframes for the UI and API: immediately, at next bill date, and at term renewal. Renewal requests are currently supported but will be deprecated in a future API version. For any API Requests before 2.21: For merchants with more than one billing period on any subscription, renewal requests will be converted to next bill date. For merchants with only one billing period on any subscription, renewal requests will be converted to term renewal. This enables all API integrations on subscriptions terms to be backwards compatible.
- 8/20/19: We have enabled the majority of sites on Subscription Terms. Your existing Subscriptions and API integrations will notice no changes to their behavior but there are some minor UI changes to the Subscription Details card. In order to change the bill date for a Subscription, you will now need to use the dropdown and select Change Next Bill Date.
- 8/15/19: Fixed bug in DocDate assignment for tax documents in Avalara. DocDate will once again be updated to reflect the transaction paid date when a transaction is committed.
- 7/18/19: Added new Invoices - Unused Numbers export
- 6/27/19: Added an update to ensure at renewal changes will result in the subscription term renewing for the full term length
- 6/20/19: Added ability to schedule changes to subscriptions At Next Bill Date for Update Subscriptions (V2), Update Subscriptions (V3), and UI
- 6/14/19: Automated Exports will only maintain the last 60 days of files available to be downloaded.
- 6/6/19: Added support for ACH transactions via Adyen gateway using API. Learn more here.
- 5/23/19: Shipping Fees are now generally available in Recurly! This feature allows merchants to easily and accurately bill for shipping fees for physical goods.
- 5/23/19: Added 'cc_first_6' column to the end of both the Billing Info and Transaction exports as a new version 4.
- 5/23/19: Exports will use the site timezone (under Site Settings) rather than the users timezone when determining what data will be exported. Additionally, the days that are requested will be exported in their entirety rather than potentially having missing data for current day.
- 5/2/19: Added compression (zip) to all Data Exports accessible thru Recurly App. For more information see Exports.
- 5/2/19: Released the ability to configure Shipping Methods and Shipping Fees. Contact us to enable this feature.
- 5/2/19: Released updated exports for Subscriptions (V3), Subscriptions - Churned (V2), and Adjustments (V2).
- 5/2/19: Added support for Thai VAT collection
- 4/25/19: Added 'cc_first_6' column to the Billing Info and Transaction exports
- 4/23/19: Released new version of the Salesforce integration.
- 3/28/19: Released an integration with the CardConnect payment gateway. Learn More.
- 2/21/19: Released shipping fees beta.
- 2/21/19: Added support for Korean in email languages.
- 2/19/19: Added support for Amazon Pay in Europe and the United Kingdom. Learn more.
- 1/31/19: Added option to change the sidebar color of your Recurly site. (The sidebar is the section on the left with site navigation links.) Currently, your Recurly sidebar is purple. Now, Recurly provides three new color options: teal, blue, and steel grey. More information here
- 1/31/19: Increased the number of custom fields available by plan.
- 12/13/18: Recurly announces support for our Custom Gateway Routing feature, which allows allow merchants to route transactions to a specific payment gateway. Learn more.
- 11/29/18: Added support for the Icelandic Krona (ISK) on the Wirecard gateway.
- 11/09/18: Recurly for Salesforce V2.24 has been released
- 10/11/18: Support for SOFORT (Klarna Instant bank transfer) via the Adyen HPP integration.
- 10/11/18: Recurly now supports the exporting of billing info from Adyen into Recurly for recurring subscription renewals for the SEPA payment method (includes SEPA, iDEAL, and SOFORT).
- 10/11/18: Visa Stored Credentials Mandate: Added Ecommerce Indicators to Vantiv (Litle) Gateway.
- 9/27/18: All sites are now able to export custom fields in their Accounts and Subscriptions export.
- 9/27/18: Added support for Thai Baht (THB) currency within Recurly, and to the Adyen gateway.
- 9/20/18: Recurly Taxes powered by Avalara now supports Liechtenstein.
- 9/20/18: adjustment_tax_code column added to the Adjustments - Taxes export for Vertex in Version 2.
- 9/20/18: Only Bill What Changed now smooths discounts on credits instead of favoring the customer and only reversing a discount once necessary.
- 9/20/18: Transaction Export: added 'gateway_code', which notes which gateway was used for each transaction.
- 8/16/18: If you have access to Manual Invoicing, you can now set a PO Number on automatic invoices from your Admin Console.
- 8/9/18: If the Credit Invoices feature is enabled, manual invoices can no longer be reopened from the Invoice Details page. You must void the manual transaction directly in order to reopen the invoice.
- 8/7/18: New email parameter subscription_customer_notes to show the subscription's customer notes.
- 7/19/18: Requiring successful transaction on subscription upgrade now also requires successful collection on all automatic collection past due invoices on the account. Learn more
- 7/12/18: Recurly is now integrated with Vertex for global tax collection on the Elite and Enterprise plan. Learn more
- 7/12/18: Fixed a typo in the credit_payment webhooks in the original_invoice_number attribute.
- 7/12/18: Removed the symbol data type from the invoice "origin" attribute in the charge_invoice, credit_invoice, and new_dunning_event webhooks due to a vulnerability.
- 7/12/18: Automated Exports can now be configured via the admin console. This process was previously a custom set up. For sites on professional, Elite, and Enterprise plans, this allows you to add new exports to your configurations and bump versions of existing exports on your own. More HERE
- 6/25/18: Updates for Visa Stored Credential mandate for MIT and CIT transactions were applied to the First Data gateway.
- 6/14/18: Add ILS Currency to WorldPay and Braintree
- 5/14/18: NEW Subscription history export available to all sites. Track upgrades, downgrades, add_on changes, etc.
- 5/11/18: Added additional payment methods to Adyen HPP, including: ACH, Qiwi, and iDEAL.
- 5/7/18: The new Credit Invoices feature is now automatically on new Recurly sites.
- 5/4/18: New Credit Invoices feature available to enable on existing Recurly sites.
- 4/12/18: Updates for Visa Stored Credential mandate for MIT and CIT transactions were applied to Braintree, Adyen and TSYS gateways.
- 4/12/18: Invalid Avalara credentials will no longer disable Recurly's connection with our Avalara account. Learn more
- 4/5/18: MRR on multi-currency sites now shows total across all currencies, converted into site's primary currency
- 3/22/18: One new column added to the Gift Cards export (redemption_invoice_number)
- 3/14/18: Added shipping address to Kount fraud check request.
- 3/8/18: Canada is now supported on the Vantiv / Litle gateway. Recurly.JS mobile tabbing enhancement to tab into and out of RJS hosted fields.
- 3/1/18: Added support for Czech Koruna (CZK) in Stripe. Updated Danish translations.
- 2/22/18: Added the functionality to specify a shipping address per invoice line item when creating purchases via the /purchases API. I.e. you can specify different shipping addresses for every subscription and each one time product even if those items are all purchased at the same time. Learn more.
- 2/22/18: Enhanced Xero integration to add the ability to sync different income accounts by plan (applies to new invoices only)
- 2/22/18: An activity is now created when an uninvoiced charge or credit is deleted
- 2/22/18: A new activity is now created when a transaction is retried manually, outside of the automated retry schedule
- 2/22/18: Updated existing pre-renewal email template to have a configurable send timeframe. Added a pre-renewal email template for SEPA Payment Method subscription renewals. Added a pre-renewal email template to be sent before a subscription renewal when a users credit card is expired.
- 2/15/18: Added additional currency support for the Adyen gateway integration - Argentine Peso (ARS), Chilean Peso (CLP), Venezuelan Bolívar (VEF), South Korea Won (KRW),Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), Colombian Peso (COP).
- 2/8/18: New refreshed email template designs
- 2/8/18: Payment Processing, Refund Processing, and Payment Voided email templates have been deprecated and removed
- 2/8/18: The Subscription Change email template now includes the invoice in the body of the email and as a PDF attachment
- 2/8/18: New refreshed invoice design with Payments section
- 2/8/18: New Dunning templates that allow you to create different emails for each step in your dunning cycle
- 1/18/18: Added a webhooks link to the Account page (just above the activity log) to make it easy to see webhooks sent for that specific account. Note: this link is visible only if you have access to view webhooks.
- 1/11/18: Invoices - Line Items - Coupons export renamed to "Adjustments - Coupons" and four new columns added (invoice_due_on, adjustment_subtotal, adjustment_credit_reason_code, adjustment_refundable_amount)
- 1/11/18: Invoices - Line Items export renamed to "Adjustments" and four new columns added (invoice_due_on, adjustment_subtotal, adjustment_credit_reason_code, adjustment_refundable_amount)
- 1/11/18: Six new columns added to the Invoices - Summary export (invoice_doc_type, invoice_balance, invoice_balance_modified_at, invoice_discount, invoice_subtotal_before_discounts, invoice_refundable_amount)
- 1/11/18: One new column added to the Revenue Recognition Schedules export (invoice_origin)
- 1/11/18: Two new columns added to the Accounts Receivable export (invoice_balance and invoice_balance_modified_at)
- 1/11/18: Recurly.js has launched Card Hosted Fields support for a single iFrame to collect all required credit card information. Learn more.
- 1/8/18: Recurly now supports additional currencies via the Adyen Gateway for Russian Ruble (RUB) and Chinese Yuan (CNY).
- 12/14/17: Recurly now supports single sign-on through Okta. Learn more. Added support to the Pricing API via Recurly.JS for multiple subscriptions purchased in the same transaction.
- 11/30/17: Security enhancements to the process of changing your email address
- 11/16/17: New password security coming soon: starting 12/4 your Recurly password will need to be updated at least once every 90 days and your new password cannot match one of your 4 previous passwords.
- 11/9/17: Recurly launches an integration with the Adyen Hosted Payment Pages.
- 11/2/17: Recurly supports Amazon's CloseBillingAgreement API. This API will notify Recurly when a user closes the billing agreement within Amazon, Recurly can be notified and clear out the billing agreement, since it is no longer valid. This is a recommended best practice from Amazon. This feature is behind a feature flag. Contact support to enable this feature.
- 11/9/17: Analytics Subscriber Retention calculation for paying subscriber cohorts has been modified. See more HERE
- 11/16/17: NEW Analytics Report released. Understand how effective your dunning settings are at recovering revenue and subscriptions with the new Dunning Effectiveness Report. Learn More
- 10/12/17: Added support to Apple Pay on the Web for automatically pulling in Billing Info when a user pays with Apple Pay. Updated user permissions for configurations and integrations.
- 10/12/17: Added support for Amazon IPNs regarding refund status updates, and billing info updates. With these additional notifications, merchants are able to see the status of refunds within Recurly App in order to take the desired action to the account, and be notified of billing info updates regarding a billing agreement to then retry transactions. IPNs will need to be enabled and configured within Amazon in order to receive the updated stats for these events. Learn more about Amazon IPNs.
- 9/21/17: The Trial Performance report calculation for "converted" has been modified so that subscriptions in trial that pay set up fees are no longer considered converted. The subscription must have paid its actual unit amount to be considered converted. For Recurly.js, on mobile browsers the card expiration fields will now be native dropdowns instead of input fields.
- 9/14/17: Updates to Recurly.js to add a. the ability to scan / take photo of a credit card with Safari on an Apple device and b. allow external form fills to populate credit card fields (LastPass, Google Wallet, iCloud Keychain).
- 8/31/17: An activity is now created when a manual invoice is reopened
- 8/17/17: Added new column to the end of the Transactions Export for failure_type. New email parameters for billing info: payment method as well as transaction specific payment method, credit card type, and credit card last 4 digits.
- 8/10/17: Added new column and date range option to the Subscriptions Export. This enables sites to export subscriptions that have been created but not yet activated.
- 7/27/17: Introduced a new Analytics report: Trial Performance. It is available to sites on our Enterprise and Professional plans. Enhancements made to Analytics Billings report to separate out new vs. renewing customer billings and provide better multi-currency support.
- 7/13/17: API v1 has been deprecated. We added a date picker to the Customer index pages (Accounts, Subscriptions, Invoices, and Transactions) so that you can now narrow your search to a date or range of dates. We also added a "currencies" filter to the transactions index page. You can now save an end-customer's PayPal shipping address to Recurly.)
- 6/29/17: Added new MasterCard 2-series test card number for sandbox sites. Added support for a 'company' property to RJS. Only bill what changed in an immediate subscription change. The Reports section of the navigation (and all reports under that section) have now been removed from the application. These reports have been replaced by the improved Analytics section
- 6/15/17: In-the-box taxes now support South Africa. Added support for Australia's new GST rules on cross-border sales of digital services. Fix bug with PayPal Express Checkout on IE 11. Improved ability to preview emails.
- 6/1/17: Added support for PayPal Express Checkout to the Hosted Payment Page
- 5/25/17: In the Admin Console you can now retry payment on a past due invoice after dunning is complete. Update handling of "soft decline" for Amazon Payments.
- 5/18/17: New updated_account_notification webhook when account information is changed
- 5/12/17: Changed "Active Subscriptions" and "% Churned" calculations to better align with Subscriber Churn rate (on Dashboard) calculation. See Churn Analysis
- 5/11/17: Extended the site default options for net-terms to include a custom length.
- 5/4/17: Recurly is now in beta with an integration with Adyen for credit / debit card processing. Learn more.. Redesigned Email Index Page: we have completely re-imagined the look and feel of our email template page UI to make it easier to navigate and understand. Past due invoices will now automatically attempt collection after a new subscription is added to the account. Recurly now supports PayPal Express Checkout and One Touch when using Recurly.js v4. Learn more.
- 4/19/17: Recurly now offers DKIM signing for emails. Learn more.
- 4/13/17: Recurly now supports free trials without billing info! Learn more.
- 4/6/17: Merchants creating custom charges and credits on an account in the Admin Console can now include a product code
- 3/30/17: Updated Account Updater service to improve efficiency. End of life for our old Salesforce integration. Quickbooks integration update to map one-time charges to the default account in QBO sync.
- 3/22/17: Added support for Apple Pay on the Web through Stripe! New API Rate Limit Email that will be sent to site administrators and technical contacts when a site hits its API rate limit within a 12-hour window. Added device fingerprint collection for Braintree v.zero in Recurly.js. Added ability to choose a liability account as the default account for QuickBooks Online. New purchase endpoint for invoicing multiple adjustments and requiring successful payment.
- 2/23/17: Added support for Russia's 2017 tax rules on cross-border sales of digital services
- 2/17/17: Recurly Exports download process has changed to improve reliability. All sites will start to see a slight change to the download process over the next several weeks. See more information here
- 2/17/17: One-time charges can now have their own product code via API v2.5
- 2/17/17: You can now process PayPal transactions through Braintree.
- 1/25/17: Analytics Subscriber Growth Report now separates new subscribers from reactivated subscribers. See the definition of a reactivated subscriber here
- 1/25/17: Updated visual design of the Hosted Payment Page
- 1/25/17: Added Gift Card Hosted Payment Page
- 1/25/17: Updated Hosted Account Management Page to 1. allow Gift Card redemption and 2. display "credits on account"
- 1/20/17: Dunning now includes the option to leave invoices past due at the end of the dunning cycle. Learn more.
- 1/12/17: Zero amount adjustments made through the API are now charges instead of credits.
- 1/5/17: Recurly Analytics now offers Analytics Settings. The first setting option available allows Analytics users to choose whether or not coupons discounts and failed invoices are included in their MRR calculation. See more in the Analytics documentation.
- 1/5/17: We added a new webhook that is sent whenever a customer attempt to update their billing information is unsuccessful.
- 1/5/17: Added a new API endpoint that allows you to force a collection on a pending or past-due Invoice.
- 12/15/16: We are proud to launch a new integration with Quickbooks Online. Read more about our integration, and how it helps you accelerate your month-end close process, automate your revenue accounting flow, and eliminate manual processes.
- 12/15/16: In today's release we also updated invoices with tax so that they now show the Tax column to the right of Subtotal and include a Total column at the end.
- 12/8/16: Enhanced handling of Braintree token. Added a new attribute to inform customers whether the dunning webhook is the last one or not
- 12/1/16: Gift card redemption codes can be a custom length between 15 and 20 characters
- 11/17/16: Optimized Account Updater lookups. Learn more about Account Updater.
- 11/10/16: Added CVV checks for initial transactions in Payeezy. Added Stripe support in more countries. Recurly now sends a webhook for each invoice in dunning, whenever it is time for a dunning communication: use these to power in-app messages. Learn more about Recurly's webhooks, or see our webhooks documentation for developers.
- New and improved support for gift subscriptions and gift cards is now available to customers on the Professional, Elite and Enterprise plans! Learn more and then read the detailed documentation. The feature includes updates to the Subscriptions and Subscriptions - Churned exports ... which now include two new columns for the Gift Cards feature: started_with_gift and converted_at. Plus we have added a new Gift Cards export with gift card purchase and redemption information.
- Updated Recurly.js to add automatic spacing into credit card numbers entered on checkout forms to make them easier for end-customers to read and validate that they are entering the number correctly.
- Added shipping address support to Recurly.js pricing module.
10/13/16: Recurly now supports shipping addresses! Learn more.
Support added for the October 1, 2016 changes to NZ GST on digital services.
The Subscriptions - Churned export now shows "Tax Location Invalid" instead of "VAT Invalid Location" as an expiration_reason for EU VAT Location Validation.
The Accounts export column "vat_location_invalid" is now called "tax_location_invalid" and is supported by a new column called "location_validation_tax_type".
Send dunning email immediately when Recurly won't schedule retry attempts (hard declines and billing info not found).
9/22/16: Invoices will now follow dunning schedule that was active at the time the invoice entered dunning. We will retry a failed transaction before sending first delayed dunning email.
9/14/16: Added support for Hong Kong Dollar currency.
9/9/16: Added support for Beanstream in UK. Added ability to correlate previous failed signup transaction attempts. Added support for new MasterCard BIN ranges.
9/9/16: Recurly now supports the ability to choose whether or not to send an email at the plan level. You can toggle each email on or off on the plan create / edit page. Read more about this in our documentation.
8/25/16: Two Factor Authentication is now generally available. Added Account Acquisition Data to the Account export.
8/17/16: Country drop-downs list user's country at the top of the list. Update to ACH emails to send only one email to confirm ACH payment on a new subscription at the time of signup.
8/15/16: New Recurly Analytics includes refreshed versions of the old reports with enriched calculations and better usability as well as 5 new advanced reports.
8/10/16: Add-ons now support both fixed-price and usage-based billing. Recurly now supports Account Acquisition Data so Merchants now have the ability to record account acquisition data on each account in their Recurly site.
Revenue Recognition is now available.
Added Free Trial Coupons.
7/13/16: Added Mexican Peso to WorldPay.
7/7/16: Updated the Hosted Account Management page to ensure that tall logos render correctly. New email parameter to show line item discounts in email body invoice displays.
7/6/16: Two Factor Authentication for increased security (beta).
7/1/16: Updated Recurly.js v4 to improve handling of coupon errors and pricing.
6/29/16: We've made 2 big updates to the Recurly V2 API. First, we've added date filtering & pagination which allows merchants to query records from the V2 API based on a date range based on when the records were created or updated. Second, we've added Account Balance which allows merchants to query the balance on an account record. We also updated the Hosted Account Management page to ensure that merchant logos display correctly.
6/16/16: Added ability to configure color of placeholder text in Recurly.js v4. Added gateway, gateway_error_code and failure_type to failed payment webhook notification.
6/8/16: Improvements to the Worldpay integration. Added payment_method, billing_phone, billing_postal, billing_country to payment related webhooks.
6/7/16: Under certain circumstances, we will display reCAPTCHA on the Hosted Payment Pages to help ensure the validity of attempted purchases.
5/23/16: Added support to Recurly.js v4 for collecting data relevant for fraud checks.
5/18/16: Fixed issues with Webhooks "created" date. With this fix, the page now correctly sorts on this date.
5/4/16: CVV Checks for Paypal CC gateways.
Usage-based billing is now available in beta! See how it works!. Contact Support if you're interested in participating in the beta.
New email parameters for add-ons. Invoice email templates now include a Qty column in the invoice table and Discounts is now above Subtotal.
4/14/16: Recurly now allows merchants to add multiple webhook endpoints. When combined with multiple API keys, merchants can now easily integrate with multiple business systems to further automate key business processes.
4/13/16: Add-on invoice line items no longer include quantity and the append of "Add-On"
3/30/16: Lots of bug fixes. Added "Company Name" to billing info in the Recurly Admin.
3/2/16: End date added to account-level credits. Site drop down is now ordered alphabetically.
2/24/16: New risk (fraud) check details columns added to the transactions export. Webhooks Delivery Retry Logic modified.
2/18/16: Fixed CVV validation bug in Recurly.js v4. Added ability to set target currency when adding billing info for an account.
2/5/16: New columns in the Coupons and Coupon Redemptions exports. See more info in our exports documentation.
1/26/126: New column in Transactions export called "collected_at". New column in Coupon Redemptions export called "Coupon ID". Ability to configure AVS Checks on First Data.
1/13/16: New version of Recurly.js to help you ensure SAQ-A eligibility. Check out the updated documentation!
1/6/16: UI improvements to the account details page to make it easier to use. Added support to retain scroll position between page changes. Multiple other UI bug fixes.
12/9/15: Read Only User Permission. Multiple API Keys. Read-Only API Keys. Additional currencies in Stripe (New Zealand Dollar, South African Rand, Singapore Dollar, Polish Złoty).
12/2/2015: Update failed invoices if ACH payment was successful. New currencies and countries: Braintree Blue in New Zealand, Swiss Franc (CHF) currency in Stripe, Cybersource in South Africa.
- 11/5/2015: New subscriptions through the API that include a coupon redemption and fail due to a declined transaction will no longer remove an existing active redemption on the account. The invoice redemptions API endpoint now correctly shows all coupon redemptions that discounted the invoice, regardless of their status. Subscription-level coupons can now be redeemed in immediate subscription changes.
10/30/2015: Added ability to configure when first dunning email is sent. You can now control when to enforce Cybersource's AVS checks on the gateway configuration page.
10/23/2015: Handling new error messages returned from Chase Paymentech. Launched Stripe support for Austria. Subscription-level coupon redemptions will be removed if subscription is changed to ineligible plan.
10/16/2015: Allow refund attempt on transaction over 60 (or 120) days old. Quick link to the Bulk Unique Coupons export now available on the Coupon Overview page. Fixed formatting issue with %s on report tooltips. Handling new error messages returned from PayPal, Stripe, Sagepay, and Braintree.
- We're very exited to announce that many new coupon features are now available, like bulk unique coupons, multiple coupons per account, and more!
- Also new this week: Improved error message displayed when the transaction amount is too small for the gateway. EU VAT numbers are now validated only at sign-up and every 6 months to reduce VIES validation downtime issues. Merchants can now test invalid EU VAT numbers in sandbox mode with 000000000. Fixed issue where subscription terminate and refund was blocked for zero amount invoices.
10/01/2015: Added payment_method to the transactions export, and launched First Data support for new countries (Please see Recurly Gateways) for gateways supported in your country).
09/24/2015: Calls to our API v2 Account end point now returns 'cc_emails'.
09/17/2015: First Data gateway integration maintenance.
09/10/2015: Added a bunch of new columns to the Invoice - Line Items export, and added original_invoice_number to all 3 Invoices exports to help associate refund invoices to original purchase invoices.
08/27/2015: Ability to set "setup fee accounting code" for one-time setup fee in the App UI. Ability to set Date Range for one-time charges.
08/20/2015: Ability to set setup_fee_accounting_code for one-time setup fee via the API. Coupon Redemptions export now includes 'uuid' and 'currency'.
08/13/2015: First Data Payeezy gateway integration. Integration with Check Commerce online application portal. Fixed email formatting issue with credit card type parameter.
08/06/2015: Single Use coupons are now calculated in subscription change credits. Single Use coupons will no longer be used up on free trial invoices if the subscription does not have a setup fee, or if the coupon has a percentage discount. Subscription Preview API no longer requires billing information. Send "Payment Confirmation" email (if enabled) when manual invoice is paid online and converted to automatic collection. Local businesses in Singapore can now process their transactions in Singapore Dollars (SGD) using Braintree or Cybersource.
07/31/2015: Tax previews now exist in the Preview Subscription API call for AvaTax Pro customers.
07/30/2015: Coupons can now be made with a duration of days, weeks, months or years. The Invoices - Line Items export now includes coupon codes. Invoices in the Admin UI now links to related invoices. Added character restrictions to account_code. Future subscriptions with invalid addresses will now activate when taxes are turned on.
07/24/2015: Account Information Phone Number field no longer blocks fallback to Billing Information address on invoice. Handle retry attempts from Check Commerce.
07/16/2015: Invoices on sandbox sites now have "TEST INVOICE" as a watermark. Stripe now supported in Nordic countries.
07/09/2015: ACH payment gateway provider Check Gateway is now called Check Commerce. Add "account_closed_at" to the "Get Accounts" API.
07/01/2015: Account coupon management improvements in the new UI. Create Transaction API endpoint now supports tax_exempt and tax_code parameters. ACH now supports voiding transactions.
06/29/2015: Tax Settings now includes the option to disable Avalara address validation.
06/25/2015: Gateway error code added to lookup transactions API. Invoices without an address will not be considered taxable. Taxes now supported for refunds after a jurisdiction is disabled. Automatic payments on manual invoices now available on the Enterprise plan. Subscription refunds now default to no proration. Transaction Refunds have been deprecated. All refunds will now use line item or open amount refunds. ACH Bank Payments are now available on the Enterprise plan.
06/19/2015: Improved translation of Invoices to German.
06/19/2015: Avalara address validation now supported for taxed purchases.
06/11/2015: "Reopen" button for Customer Service users on failed manual invoices. A Site Settings country is now required to add or edit a Payment Gateway. Added new email parameters. Invoice Line Items export now includes invoice number and state.
06/05/2015: Added support for "full refunds" in the invoice Open Amount Refunds API. Recurly now supports taxes in all European countries. Refund Invoices due to voids now say VOIDED on the invoice. Refunds can now specify "transaction first" via the API.
05/28/2015: Added "account closed at" date to Accounts Export. Fixed issue where Hosted Page logo uploads would fail when editing settings for the first time.
05/21/2015: Added gateway error_code to Transactions Export. Hosted edit billing info page now defaults to most recent gateway added.
05/14/2015: Manual transactions can now be voided. Added IP address to Lookup Transaction API.
04/23/2015: Payment Declined email template subject has been updated to "Your Payment Has Been Declined".
04/16/2015: Email previews now use consistent data for Merchant Name and Customer Name & Address.
04/14/2015: Clearing your site data will now delete any uncommitted tax docs in AvaTax.
04/09/2015: Invoices and Invoice Summary exports now include an invoice_type column that has either 'purchase' or 'refund'.
04/07/2015: AvaTax Pro tax documents cannot be committed when Recurly site is in sandbox mode in order to allow document deletion when moving to production mode. Recurly's estimated tax previews now round down for digits under five, and
up for five and higher.
04/02/2015: Fixed "count of accounts" on Reporting Dashboard.
03/19/2015: Bugfix for stripe refunds that were, in some cases, showing as Voided in Recurly but were actually Refunded in Stripe. The Invoices and Invoices Summary exports now include a "modified_at" column at the end that shows the date the record was last edited. Sandbox and Production webhooks may now send on different schedules to prioritize production delivery. Recurly Merchants whose subscriptions are cancelled for non-payment will now have their sites closed after 30 days of nonuse.
03/05/2015: Wirecard Error Code 34 is now classified as a generic fraud response.
03/03/2015: Refund adjustments in the API now have quantity_remaining to show the remaining amount of the original charge that has yet to be refunded. For non credit card billing info, you are no longer required to store first and last name.
02/26/2015: New PayPal Error codes for: paypal_cannot_pay_self, reference_transactions_not_enabled, billing_agreement_not_accepted, and billing_agreement_already_accepted. Drop down links on Hosted Account Management pages are now fully clickable.
02/19/2015: Recurly will send notifications if your Public API key or Payment Gateway are modified.
02/18/2015: Recurly will now notify you by email if your password has changed.
02/11/2015: Added a new column to the Invoices export called "original_adjustment_uuid" to link credits to the previous credit they were created from.
02/10/2015: Added a new column to the Invoices export called "original_adjustment_uuid" to link credits to the previous credit they were created from.
02/05/2015: A bug has been fixed that will prevent certain duplicate push notifications from being sent. Legacy VAT feature for the European Union has been deprecated.
02/03/2015: Adjustments API now includes original_adjustment_uuid for connecting a credit to the previous credit it was created from. Improved support for Amazon errors and messages. For customers using Vantiv, a new option in Payment Gateway Settings allows you to retry all hard declines to better use Vantiv's AAU.
01/29/2015: We've improved our integration with Wirecard to better support the Recurly Account Updater. The Adjustment API now includes tax_type, tax_region, and tax_rate.
01/27/2015: Added support for tracking of deleted accounts in our Salesforce
integration. Contact support to learn more!
01/20/2015: Tax invoices now include line item tax amounts and in the case of more than one rate, tax rate information is displayed in the line item description. Invoices API now includes the customer's address for the specific invoice.
01/19/2015: Webhooks that mention an invoice number now have a new field called invoice_number_prefix that is only populated with a value for EU VAT country specific invoice sequencing. This fixed a previous bug where the country code prefix was not displaying correctly in the webhooks.
01/06/2015: API responses for a subscription will now include the Update Subscription Notes endpoints. Recurly now supports amazon payments. Please contact our support team to learn more.
12/18/2014: VAT Location Validation account status has been added to the Accounts export as vat_location_valid. Recurly.js v3 tax previews now support digital rates with the tax_code parameter. Update Subscription API now supports invoice notes editing when "/notes" is added to the call. Trailing and leading whitespaces will now be removed from all hosted page submissions in all form fields.
12/16/2014: Fixed short-term bug where site invoice prefix numbers were showing in the invoice number for 3D secure transactions with SagePay and Wirecard.
12/15/2014: Our new EU VAT features for 2015 are now available.
- 11/18/2014: For "Current period" - Future subscriptions no longer show a "current period" until they are activated.
10/29/2014: Hosted Account Management pages have been updated to a new style and include new invoice management features. Sites that switch to Invoice Refunds will now be blocked from making Transaction Refunds via the API. A customer's hosted pages login token can now be reset by merchants through the Admin. New Invoice Settings option to use account address for the Bill To address and for tax calculations on all invoices. Refund invoices for European Union VAT transactions now use the original invoice's customer VAT number for tax calculations.
10/07/2014: We removed three deprecated pages: coupons_v1, accounts_v1, transactions_v1.
10/02/2014: API v2 now supports invoice previews for taxes on adjustments. Merchants can now configure Canada tax collection to GST only.
09/30/2014: If tax services are down, new signups are now blocked and renewals are queued up until tax services are back online. Made updates to our Reporting service to improve scalability.
09/25/2014: Deprecated old content at /signup and moved the new content from /join to /signup.
09/17/2014: Improvements to Recurly.js integration with PayPal for IE users.
09/09/2014: Modified the blog feed source.
08/27/2014: Improved results returned on /subscriptions_v2 page. Added filtering of trial or paid on /subscriptions_v2 page. Added more search parameters to /subscriptions_v2 page.
08/26/2014: Charges with tax codes are now denoted on invoices. Avalara integration is now available on Sandbox sites. "Use Invoice Date" is now an option on Adjustments export. Added VAT number to the billing info in the Admin Panel (already support in the API). Polish Zloty is now an option for Braintree gateway.
08/21/2014: Fix a UI bug in the terminate subscription flow in the Admin Panel. General availability for Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Israel taxes. General availability for Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Israel taxes.
08/20/2014: Enabled search on /invoices page and sped up page load. Improvements were made for PayPal error message handling. A bug in refund charges dates was fixed. A bug in Gateway test configuration result page was fixed. Net term billing issue with manual invoice is fixed. Coupon redemption total recalculation amount is fixed. When processing a transaction for a tax region where multiple special jurisdictions are applied, the rate is appended into the field.
08/07/2014: Push notification configuration workflow was fixed.
07/29/2014: Address requirement for tax estimation is clarified.
07/22/2014: Updates were made to the way we handle error messages from Stripe and Litle.
07/17/2014: V2 of the coupons page was deprecated for no longer being necessary.
07/15/2014: A change was made to a transaction error message for clarification.
07/09/2014: PayPal transactions limitations have been updated to reflect changes by PayPal. The Show VAT button in the Hosted Payment Page Settings will now always show the VAT number, regardless of country.
07/08/2014: An issue was fixed where the MailChimp sync time was not being correctly displayed. An issue was fixed where verification_value would sometimes lose its value before being stored.
07/02/2014: An issue was fixed where canceled subscription URLs would sometimes result in a 404.
06/26/2014: A bug was fixed related to enabling and disabling Canadian sales tax.
06/23/2014: New invoice and subscription pages were announced.
06/19/2014: Export timezone changes were made. Search facets were tweaked.
06/18/2014: Announcement made regarding export changes.
06/17/2014: Rolling API keys were added. Improvements were made to the Redeem Coupons dropdown menu. A visual bug was corrected on some of the gateway pages.
06/12/2014: The MailChimp integration was improved.
06/10/2014: The PayPal checkout flow for Recurly.js V3 was improved.
06/09/2014: A new parameter was added to the email templates: current_period_end. This shows the time a subscription will end.
06/05/2014: Authorization transactions have been renamed verifications.
06/04/2014: A new parameter was added to the email templates: current_period_end. This shows the time a subscription will end. The settings for Hosted Payment Pages were reorganized. New subtotal logic for the invoice email was added.
06/02/2014: Cancel button can now be removed from the Hosted Payment Pages. New Zealand Tax added.
05/29/2014: Invoice web hooks were added. The grammar in an error code was corrected.
05/27/2014: Push notifications are now called Web Hooks. The formatting was improved for Taxes on the Hosted Account Management pages.
05/20/2014: The payment gateway settings UI was updated to show the Account Updater. An issue with Hosted Payment Pages in IE8 was corrected.
05/19/2014: Miscellaneous bug fixes around taxes. Tax labels no longer show "Sales Tax" if the region ends in ST (such as GST, PST, etc). Taxes by country are now show on the Edit and New Subscription pages.
05/15/2014: Coupon searching was improved.
05/13/2014: A bug was fixed related to US Sale Tax configuration. Error messaging around VAT and Sales Tax was improved.
05/12/2014: New Zealand is now a supported country for Cybersource.
05/07/2014: Subscriptions can no longer be activated on a closed account.
Various improvements were made to the Coupons page, such as sorting, formatting, and expiration behavior. An issue was fixed where a deleted coupon could occasionally be redeemed.
05/05/2014: The /js/v1/token endpoint now uses the :postal_code param in addition to :zip. An issue was corrected that would cause the fix six numbers of a credit cad to not appear correctly.
04/30/2014: The Non-Renewing subscriptions facet now includes both canceled and no remaining renewals. Coupons V2 announced. An issue was corrected where duplicate emails would be sent when a future subscription was activated. An issue was corrected where the currency selector would sometimes incorrectly appear on Hosted Payment Pages.
04/29/2014: Partial transaction UUIDs can now be searched. Transactions V1 deprecation announced.
04/28/2014: The Closed Invoices facet now only shows successful invoices. Tooltips were added to the Invoices and Transactions facets.
04/24/2014: Tooltips were added to Subscription facets.
04/23/2014: A CSS issue related to disabled buttons was corrected. Line item exports have been added.
04/21/2014: State is now only a required field if the country is set to US. The accounts page has been updated with an announcement about its deprecation. Tooltips were added to the new accounts page.
04/14/2014: The Resend Email button no longer appears in the email is disabled. The Invoices Refund by Line Item now responds with a 201.
04/10/2014: A bug was corrected that caused future subscriptions to fail when a site had no enabled gateways. Upcoming transactions page changes announced through banner on transactions page. IE8 is no longer a supported browser.
04/09/2014: Public keys can now be regenerated in the UI. Terms of service were updated.
04/08/2014: Transaction UUIDs can now be searched. Transaction notes are now shown on the details page. Public key for Recurly.js V3 was added to the API access page. Hungarian Forints (HUF) is now a supported currency in emails. Offline manual payments can now be entered using the API. Tax calculations are no longer shown on exempt subscriptions. The address used for taxation calculations was corrected. Plan name is now shown on the accounts page, instead of plan code.
03/31/2014: Emails entered on the Hosted Payment Pages can now be longer than 50 characters.
03/28/2014: The subscriptions API now includes a Subscription Change Preview. Max logo height on Hosted Payment Pages is now unrestricted. Max width is 555px. Validation is now performed on IP addresses on the Allowlist.
03/26/2014: A bug related to correctly setting approval_code has been fixed. Text that displays when changing billing cycle of a plan has been updated to specify that the change will happen at renewal.
03/25/2014: Invoice - Line Items export added. Subscription churn export added.
03/24/2014: The new accounts page has gone live.
03/21/2014: Database improvements related to add-on ordering were made. Logo size on Hosted Payment Pages is now constrained to 250x100.
03/12/2014: Fixed an issue that affected browsers that don't support the placeholder attribute (for instance, IE8)
03/11/2014: Search results are now more specific. An issue was corrected with the Hosted Payment Pages pricing display. Send Trial Email checkbox is now displayed on the Subscription Plan edit page. Phone number was been added to billing account info form. Tax exempt related fields are now shown when US Sales Tax is enabled.
03/03/2014: Added UI information for when Address Requirement is set to None (sales tax won't be calculated). Amputated Exports with new Invoices Summary. Ability to enable US Sales Tax support. Ability to toggle tax exemption for accounts, plans or charges. Updated hosted payment pages UI, added US Sales Tax support. Added API objects with tax amounts and details. Added subscription preview API with client libraries. Admin Panel updates for improved UX to support taxes and calculations. Added a new invoice summary export. Added country drop-down for account billing info. Enabled Recurly.js V3 Beta support. Fixed calculations for refund and terminate for discounts and taxes.
02/28/2014: Updated links to gateway error code explanation pages. Authorized_currencies is no longer reset during billing info update.
02/24/2014: Update to transparent post error messaging for null responses.
02/21/2014: Changed export functionality to stream directly to the API.
02/11/2014: No longer show expired coupons in emails. Subscription list page now links directly to the subscription.
02/10/2014: Added "VAT #" field for all merchants regardless of VAT collections. Added line item refunds to the API. Fixed bug with renewal reminders being sent for plans with 0 renewals left. Update link to intuit error codes. Fixed bugs with renewal terms when changing collection type.
02/07/2014: Fixed sort on push notifications.
- 01/28/2014: Update r.js download to always point to the latest.
- 01/24/2014: Fix bug with add-ons migrating with plan changes. New subscription preview API endpoint.
- 01/15/2014: New info on ISO country standards.
- 01/15/2014: Add subscribe to status site for real time alerts.
- 01/13/2014: Add PLN to wirecard currencies.
- 01/13/2014: New logout message.
- 01/10/2014: Add collection method to push notifications.
- 01/02/2014: Added "discount" column to invoice export.
- 01/02/2014: Added links between invoices and subscriptions in v2 API responses.
- 12/30/2013: Changed subscription "edit" button to "more".
- 12/10/2013: Added support for 3-digit American Express CVVs.
- 12/09/2013: Updated pricing for Enterprise Plan.
- 12/09/2013: Bug fixes around VAT and Phone Number displays on invoices.
- 12/05/2013: Fix for updating billing information on manually invoiced accounts.
- 12/05/2013: Added support for NZD to Braintree
- 12/05/2013: Updated activity log to link account_code rather than UUID.
- 12/04/2013: Updated error messaging around passed expiration years.
- 12/04/2013: Added boolean logic to display VAT on email templates
- 12/04/2013: Auto update and backwards compatibility for VAT on email templates.
- 11/26/2013: Added line_accounting_code parameter to email templates
- 11/15/2013: Added link to coupon from admin view
- 11/12/2013: Updated invoice style
- 11/05/2013: Updated user invite/welcome emails
- 11/05/2013: Better error messaging when a payment gateway times out
- 11/04/2013: Fix for 500 error when throttling API requests
- 11/04/2013: Activity log now links refund event to original transaction
- 11/04/2013: Recurly.js fix: setting add-on quantity to zero will remove the add-on
- 11/04/2013: Added postponement to the subscription change push notification
- 10/28/2013: Clear net_terms when switching from manual to automatic invoicing
- 10/28/2013: Fix for SagePay and 3D Secure invoice numbers
- 10/28/2013: Added breadcrumbs to the transaction details page
- 10/24/2013: Removed extra fields from CSV exports to optimize export speed
- 10/24/2013: API fix to disallow setting both single use and applies to months to coupons
- 10/17/2013: Remove API access for useragent NING/1.0
- 10/16/2013: Fix to show proper coupon redemption currency on account view
- 10/15/2013: Fix to stop throwing 400 errors on merchants using an unsupported API parameter
- 10/14/2013: Added support for PayPal payments from Cambodia
- 10/14/2013: Support links now open in a new tab
- 10/14/2013: Corrected credits to be applied to the invoice total when VAT is applied
- 10/14/2013: Fixed multiple quantity credits not applying to user accounts via the API
- 10/14/2013: Fixed display of credits in the account balance where VAT was applied
- 10/09/2013: Added breadcrumbs to plan creation/details pages
- 10/09/2013: Update to email templates UI
- 10/09/2013: Depreciated v1 Hosted Payment Pages
- 09/27/2013: Added a Void/Refund email
- 09/26/2013: Updated icons on admin console
- 09/26/2013: Moved renewal reminder and trial ending emails out of beta
- 09/19/2013: Added line_item_uuid to the invoice export.
- 09/16/2013: Fixed bug with subscription renewal reminder emails and limited lifespan subscriptions
- 09/03/2013: Update to VAT validation process on Hosted Payment Page billing information updates
- 08/29/2013: Allow Recurly merchants to upgrade their pricing plans
- 08/21/2013: Improved app UI loading times
- 08/20/2013: Subscription Renewal and Trial Ending emails to beta
- 08/20/2013: Timezone fix for API requests with "+00:00"
- 08/20/2013: Export buttons now link to new /exports page
- 08/15/2013: Modified Braintree multi-currency support setup
- 08/15/2013: Released fix for coupon pagination
- 08/14/2013: Included Croatia in EU country list for VAT calculations
- 08/14/2013: Added better UI support for long invoices
- 08/14/2013: Added gateway column to transaction export
- 08/14/2013: Fixed bug referencing all subscription changes as upgrades
- 08/13/2013: Added support for Person Accounts on the Salesforce Connector
- 08/05/2013: Added support for Diner's Club to Braintree Blue
- 07/30/2013: API v2 pagination fixes
- 07/26/2013: Simplified user subscription to Recurly newsletters
- 07/17/2013: Allow Salesforce integration to connect to different environments
- 07/08/2013: Add transactions for header, footer email templates
- 07/08/2013: Updated menu icons
- 07/01/2013: Improved VAT support in email templates
- 06/24/2013: Transaction status displayed on new Invoice view
- 06/24/2013: Released Manual Invoicing
- 06/24/2013: Partial Payment emails for Manual Invoicing
- 06/24/2013: New Dashboard for Production Customers
- 06/24/2013: VAT support for Manual Invoicing
- 06/10/2013: Added new invoice view
- 06/10/2013: Added new subscription view
- 06/10/2013: Added subscription reactivations to activity logs
- 06/10/2013: Updates to Danish transactions
- 06/10/2013: Added product_code to adjustments XML response
- 06/03/2013: Added support for more card types to Beanstream
- 06/03/2013: Added support for subscription add-on details in push notifications
- 06/03/2013: Updated Recurly.js v2.2.2 Merchants on V2.2.x should update for PayPal bug fix
- 06/03/2013: Salesforce no longer overwrites company name if Recurly company name is blank
- 05/27/2013: Added "Days past due" on invoice overview
- 05/27/2013: Split out invoice view into automated/manually collected invoices
- 05/27/2013: Updates to Recurly.js and VAT
- 05/20/2013: Added a "Deselect All" function for the Plans report
- 05/06/2013: Added coupon details view
- 05/06/2013: Added account level addresses to admin UI, emails, and exports
- 05/06/2013: UI changes and more details added to activity log
- 05/06/2013: Better validation around future start dates
- 04/29/2013: Account notes (read only) added to API v2
- 04/29/2013: Fixed a coupon bug on new subscription emails
- 04/22/2013: Added support for CAD, GBP, and EUR for Authorize.net
- 04/15/2013: Added support for Swiss francs on Litle
- 04/15/2013: Updated error messaging for TSYS/Recurly Gateway error code 5
- 04/08/2013: Improved UX for multi-currency invoicing
- 04/01/2013: Improved messaging on Dunning Management UI
- 03/18/2013: Recurly.js PayPal beta
- 03/18/2013: Fix to currency changes on Hosted Payment Pages
- 03/18/2013: Improvements to VAT validation
- 03/18/2013: Improved messaging around credits and refunds
- 03/11/2013: Better Hosted Payment Page support for subscriptions with limited renewals
- 03/11/2013: Better CVV validation - AmEx CVVs must be 4 characters, all other card types 3 characters
- 03/04/2013: Fixes for PayPal billing agreements with redirects
- 03/04/2013: Ability to modify stored billing address information, regardless of site address requirements
- 02/25/2013: Improvements to speed in API queries
- 02/05/2013: Added enforcement for APIv2 to validate address requirements based on site settings
- 02/05/2013: Site admins can no longer update users in their site
- 01/21/2013: Stopped creating credits for $0
- 01/21/2013: Set UTC on every API request when timezone isn't specified
- 01/21/2013: Apply coupon redemptions to trial invoice when there's a setup fee
- 01/21/2013: Adjust error messaging for CVV mismatch to note that error could be expiration date related
- 01/13/2013: Added additional encryption and storage layers for secure data
- 01/13/2013: Added custom color settings to Hosted Account Management page
- 01/07/2013: Adjusted coupons to expire at 11:59PM in the timezone they were created in
- 01/07/2013: Added a tooltip to explain coupon expiration time
- 01/07/2013: Enhanced API V2 to accept coupon expiration time
- 12/23/2012: Relabeled months to billing cycles on plans overview page
- 12/17/2012: Enabled Litle Automatic Account Updater
- 12/09/2012: Update mobile Hosted Payment Pages to support PayPal payments on iPhone
- 12/09/2012: Added support for IE10
- 11/25/2012: Added coupon redemptions export
- 11/12/2012: Added validation for unique add-on codes at creation
- 11/12/2012: first_renewal_date will now update when a future subscription is postponed before it's first renewal
- 11/12/2012: Added validation for postpone dates when being set through the API
- 10/21/2012: Removed Afghanistan as default country on Hosted Payment Pages dropdown
- 10/21/2012: Added details "hover" to display lengthy charge/credit description
- 10/14/2012: Removed European Union from countries list
- 10/14/2012: Added ability to postpone canceled subscriptions
- 10/14/2012: Removed future subscriptions from Subscriber Retention Report
- 10/14/2012: Updated currentperiod_ends_at date to return "nil" for canceled subscriptions
- 10/07/2012: Updated list of countries supported for PayPal purchases
- 09/30/2012: Fail any open invoices when an account is closed
- 09/23/2012: Added per-plan subscription churn exports
- 09/23/2012: CSV exports now provide local timezone data
- 09/09/2012: Updated styling of Hosted Account Management Pages
- 09/09/2012: Added yellow billing information icon to indicate tokenized billing information
- 09/09/2012: Removed semicolons from use in account codes
- 08/27/2012: Added support for Braintree in Canada and Europe
- 08/20/2012: Added conversions for known provides and countries to 2-char codes
- 08/20/2012: Added email activity to Activity Log
- 08/13/2012: Modifications to account details page to show invoice number in charges, invoice due date, and invoices above transactions
- 08/06/2012: Proper proration of subscriptions with custom first renewal date
- 08/06/2012: Added CC email to customer accounts
- 07/30/2012: Credit Cards are no longer authorized unless Credit Card Number or Expiration Date are updated
- 07/23/2012: Allow "collect now" functionality in all site currencies
- 07/23/2012: Force selection of refund option when terminating a plan inside the Recurly application
- 07/16/2012: Modifications to subscriptions maintain original UUID
- 07/16/2012: Deleted Add-on codes can now be reused
- 07/09/2012: Made coupon parameters available in email templates
- 07/09/2012: Expanded currencies for Wirecard customers
- 06/25/2012: Search on Coupon Name and Description
- 06/25/2012: Display "VAT" in front of VAT charges on a subscription
- 06/25/2012: Clarify Future Start Date inside of the Recurly App
- 06/25/2012: Remove JYP as a listed currency, as it's not supported
- 06/18/2012: Allow customers with PayPal info to pay via credit card on Hosted Payment Pages
- 06/18/2012: Added "verify" transactions for supported gateways to avoid authorizing and voiding $1 charges
- 06/18/2012: Relabeled "Refund" to "Refund Options..." on transactions
- 06/18/2012: Void transactions if there is an error saving account information for new accounts
- 06/11/2012: Added Ogone and Merchant eSolution gateways
- 06/04/2012: Set new users timezones when new users are created
- 06/04/2012: Added 3d secure support for SagePay
- 06/04/2012: Allow white labeling of IP addresses
- 05/28/2012: Added subscription postpone to the API
- 05/28/2012: Added "Site Live" email for merchants
- 05/28/2012: Updated transaction error code when no gateway is present on the account
- 05/28/2012: Removed customer payment declined emails when no gateway is present on the account
- 05/28/2012: Marking invoice as successful/failed added to the API
- 05/28/2012: Expire active subscriptions when a Recurly site is closed
- 05/21/2012: Creating accounts via the API now shows up in the activity log
- 05/21/2012: VAT country and percent added to recurly.js
- 05/14/2012: New “edit subscription” button on accounts page
- 05/14/2012: Hosted Payment Pages: Set default payment type (CC vs. Paypal)
- 05/14/2012: Default all views to “all” for Accounts, subscriptions, invoices, and transactions
- 05/14/2012: Updated CSV exporter that streams files to browser
- 05/07/2012: Expire inactive sessions after 20 minutes
- 05/07/2012: Related transactions to subscription plans
- 05/07/2012: Set coupons description for Hosted Payment Pages via API
- 04/30/2012: Added total billing cycles to the API
- 04/30/2012: Updated logic for calculating credits for VAT customers
- 04/23/2012: Push notifications for changing (postponing) a renewal date
Updated 5 days ago