This feature or setting is available to all customers on any Recurly subscription plan.
CyberSource is a full-service payment management platform. When configured with Recurly, it allows you to securely manage your transactions. You will need a CyberSource Merchant ID and a Transaction Security Key for the SOAP Toolkit API to enable this integration.
|Services that work with Recurly
|Transaction Processing, Refunds, AVS Checks
|Supported Payment Types
|Supported Card Brands
|Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, Union Pay
|Gateway Specific 3DS2 Supported
|Card On File Supported
|Multiple (Contact CyberSource for Details)
Merchants using CyberSource have the option to tailor their Address Verification System (AVS) checks. You can:
- Enable AVS checks for all transactions,
- Enable AVS checks for only US/Canada transactions, or
- Disable AVS checks altogether.
Recurly recommends enabling AVS for the US and Canada only. This setting can be found when configuring/editing a CyberSource gateway in Recurly.
Note: AVS checks typically work best for the US and Canada, and may be inconsistent or unsupported in other countries. CyberSource allows you to decline transactions based on the AVS result, and the above options give you the flexibility to decide whether or not to bypass AVS checks for certain countries.
CyberSource may require different integrations based on the processor used for a given CyberSource account. To ensure Recurly sets the correct parameters for your integration, you must:
- Set the main processor for your account in the "CREDIT CARD PROCESSOR" selector when configuring the CyberSource gateway in Recurly.
This is essential as it determines how transactions are handled between Recurly, CyberSource, and your processor.
- Log into your CyberSource Business Gateway. If you do not have an account, you will need to sign up for one through CyberSource.
- Log into your CyberSource Business Gateway
- Navigate to Payment Configuration → Key Management and select Generate Key and choose “SOAP Toolkit API” within your CyberSource dashboard.
- Click on Download Key to create a new Key. If you are asked for a password, this will be your Merchant ID.
- Copy the new key generated before leaving the page. You will need this key to connect CyberSource with Recurly.
- Log into your Recurly account and navigate to the Payment Gateways page.
- Click on the "Add a New Gateway" button at the top right of the Payment Gateways page.
- Select “CyberSource” from the list of available gateways.
- Enter your CyberSource Merchant ID into the “Login” field.
- Paste the SOAP Toolkit key that you copied earlier into the “Key” field.
- If you wish to support 3DS2 verification flows on Cybersource, check the box Enable 3DS2 support. Only enable this if you have 3DS enabled at Cybersource.
- Under the ‘ACCEPTED CARD TYPES’ header, you will see multiple card brand names. Only enable (select) those card types that you have enabled on your Cybersource account.
- In the “CREDIT CARD PROCESSOR” selector, choose the main processor for your CyberSource account. This is necessary for Recurly to set the correct parameters for transactions. If you are not sure which option to select, consult with your Cybersource account representative.
- USD will be enabled by default. If you want to add additional currencies, or remove USD, use the selection tool on the left to add the currencies your Cybersource gateway accepts.
- It is extremely important to ensure you have enabled this on your card types available. Zero dollar authorizations will be an important part of validating card data prior to subscriptions starting or when offering free trials.
- Decide whether you want to enable Address Verification System (AVS) checks and for which transactions:
- All Transactions
- US/Canada Transactions Only (recommended)
- Disable AVS Checks
- Select your desired option from the AVS settings while configuring/editing the CyberSource gateway in Recurly.
- After entering all the required information, click on the "Add Payment Gateway" button at the bottom of the page.
- You will see that CyberSource has been added to your list of Production Gateways in Recurly with a status of "Enabled".
- Make a test transaction to ensure that the integration is working correctly. This can be done in development mode for your sandbox site in Recurly before moving to a live environment.
- After testing, if everything is working as expected, you are ready to accept live payments through the CyberSource gateway via Recurly.
Pro Tip: Keep your CyberSource credentials secure and ensure only authorized personnel have access to this information. Regularly review and regenerate your SOAP Toolkit Keys for added security.
Please note: Always consult with your CyberSource account representative or support resources to ensure that your account is in good standing and that you are compliant with all relevant regulations and requirements.
Updated 2 months ago