Google Pay is a payment method that allows customers to pay with preferred payment methods stored in their Google account. Google Pay provides a simpler checkout flow whether customers are buying from using Google Chrome on web or using Android devices without having to enter their payment details each time.
Today Recurly supports Google Pay with Stripe. Learn more about accepting Google Pay with Stripe here.
If you are interested in Google Pay on another gateway please contact our support team at [email protected].
To enable Google Pay on your account you need to have a Google Merchant ID. Google will review your application before providing you with Google Merchant ID.
To request merchant ID from Google please follow these steps:
- Create a business account in Google Console
- In the Google Console under the Google Pay API menu select “Add website” and follow the instructions to file the form
- You will receive a notification with an approval result
- If you already have a gateway that supports Google Pay, go to Configuration => Payment Gateways and edit the gateway settings.
- If you don’t have a gateway that supports Google Pay, please add a new gateway.
- Enable Google Pay payment method on the gateway configuration page:
Google Pay is supported through RecurlyJS. Please follow the RJS documentation to add Google Pay payment method.
Google Pay is not currently supported on Recurly Hosted Payment Pages.
Updated about 2 months ago