This feature or setting is available to all customers on any Recurly subscription plan.
- Integration with API V3 or V2
- Subscription to the Professional or Elite plan
- Use of credit card gateways (non-credit card payment methods are unsupported)
- Only accessible via the API; no Admin functionality currently available.
- Verification is based on your gateway configuration, either as a $1 authorization or ZDA.
- CVV will not be included in the verification due to PCI compliance regulations.
- Verifications are counted as transactions, potentially incurring transaction fees from both Recurly and gateways.
Recurly's "Verify Billing Info" feature offers merchants the capability to validate the billing information stored in Recurly's secure credit card vault. This ensures that the customer's payment details remain accurate and up-to-date, facilitating smoother transactions and enhanced customer relations.
- Proactive verification: Actively confirm the validity of stored billing information, reducing payment failures.
- Enhanced customer targeting: Identify subsets of customers for targeted marketing campaigns or communications to update billing details.
- Boosted merchant confidence: Ensure stored billing information remains accurate, irrespective of its duration in the system.
Recurly's Verify Billing Info feature is robust and versatile:
- Initiate a billing info verification for the default stored billing info via API using the account code.
- Choose a gateway code to direct verifications through a specific gateway.
- Opt for a $1 or zero-dollar authorization based on gateway configuration settings.
- Obtain billing info verification responses via API, including both successful and declined verifications.
Recurly's Verify Billing Info feature is compatible with all Recurly credit card gateway integrations. However, non-credit card gateways such as PayPal Business, Adyen HPP, Adyen ACH, GoCardless, etc., are not supported.
- Step 1: Access your Recurly dashboard.
- Step 2: Using API V3 or V2, send a POST request to
- Step 3: Ensure the
account_codeis included in your API call.
- Step 1: In your API call, optionally include a
gateway_codeto direct the verification through a specific gateway.
- Step 2: If the gateway code doesn't support the card type, an error will be returned.
- Step 1: After submitting the verification request, wait for a response from Recurly.
- Step 2: Review the response to determine if the verification was successful or declined.
Harness the power of Recurly's Verify Billing Info feature by:
- Using API V3 or V2, initiate a POST to
:accountrepresents the user's account code.
- Ensure the
account_codeis incorporated in the API call.
- By default, Recurly will route the stored billing information associated with the provided account code to the default gateway that supports the card type.
- If a gateway code is specified for the subscription or billing info, the verification will be directed to that particular gateway.
- Optionally, include a
gateway_codeto channel transactions through a preferred gateway.
- In case the specified gateway code doesn't support the card type, an error will be generated.
- Recurly will transmit all stored fields related to the default billing information, potentially including PAN, expiration date, cardholder name, and cardholder billing address.
Note: Due to PCI compliance regulations, CVV will not be transmitted.
Updated about 1 month ago