Data is updated once a day to include data up to yesterday at midnight, as calculated in your site's configured timezone. When data has been updated in the report, the date stamp at the bottom of the page will update to say "Displaying data through [insert yesterday's date]"
- Today is Aug 4th, 2019.
- When I view my Analytics reports at 7 a.m., I see the following phrase "Displaying data through Aug 2nd, 2019. Calculated in PDT." That means that the reports include data up to midnight on August 2nd but have not yet updated with data from August 3rd. This is still in process.
- I come back later in the day and the data has now been updated! I see the following phrase at the bottom "Displaying data through Aug 3rd, 2019. Calculated in PDT." I know this means the reports include data up through yesterday at midnight.
Early Access Feature
Hourly data updates are now available in Recurly's new analytics dashboards, currently provided in an early access testing phase, with targeted availability.
If you would like to be included in this early access, please contact Recurly Support.
You can control the timezone in which Analytics Reports are calculated in Analytics Settings. The time zone set is reflected in the timestamp at the bottom of each report. This timezone is a site-wide configuration which affects how all others who log into Recurly see the Analytics.
- Only users with "Analytics" access will be able to view Recurly Analytics. See User Management for more details.
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer 11 + and Safari 9 +
- Weekly intervals are measured Monday - Sunday.
- For metrics calculated at a Point in Time (i.e. Subscribers, MRR, Plans, etc.), the monthly interval will show the metric for the last day of that month. For weekly intervals, we will show the last day for that week.
Recurly provides several Analytics configuration options to ensure the Analytics reports are most relevant to your business. You can access these options in Analytics Settings, available under the “Configuration and Settings” navigation bar or via your Analytics Dashboard.
Analytics settings are only available to users with the “Configurations and Integrations” user role. View more about Recurly user management HERE
Currently, Analytics Settings provides the following configuration options:
Users with Settings and Configuration access can change the SITE time zone that calculates Analytics reports on the Analytics Settings page. If no site time zone is set, it will default to UTC. The time zone will directly impact the data that is included in the daily, weekly and monthly intervals in each Analytics report for ALL analytics users.
Reports and Metrics impacted: ALL
Option 1: Include or remove coupon discounts from the MRR calculation
- Percentage or fixed amount off coupons are applied to charge line items before tax is calculated. If that charge line item is a RECURRING charge, it will be included in MRR. You now have the option of whether or not to include a coupon discount on a recurring charge in the MRR calculation. By including coupon discounts, your MRR will be lower.
- Default = INCLUDE coupon discounts
Option 2: Include or remove recurring charges from failed invoices in the MRR calculation
- All recurring charges are included in the MRR calculation at the time a recurring charge is created and the customer is billed. But, if the customer does not pay the invoice, it will go into dunning and ultimately fail.
- You have the option of whether or not charges from invoices that fail should be removed from your site’s MRR calculation.
- If you remove charges from failed invoices , your site’s historic MRR values will change at the time the invoice fails (i.e. an invoice is created with $100 line item with a date of Nov 1st - Dec 1st. The invoice for these charges fails on Jan 1st. On Jan 1st, the $100 will be removed from your MRR calculation from Nov 1st - Dec 1st)
- If you include failed invoices, your site’s historic MRR will NOT change. You can calculate failed invoices separately as “bad debt” using the “Invoices”- Summary Export.
- Default = INCLUDE failed invoices in the MRR calculation.
Reports and Metrics impacted
- Current MRR on the Dashboard
- Subscriber LTV on the Dashboard (MRR is used to calculate LTV)
- MRR Growth
- MRR & MRR Growth in Plan Performance
The following Reports are currently offered via Recurly Analytics:
- Analytics Dashboard
- Subscribers Report
- Subscriber Growth - Available on Professional, Elite, and Enterprise Plans
- Plans Report
- Trial Performance Report -Available on Professional, Elite, and Enterprise Plans
- Monthly Recurring Revenue Report
- Monthly Recurring Revenue Growth Report - Available on Professional, Elite, and Enterprise Plans
- Subscriber Retention Report
- Billings Report
- Churn Analysis Report - Available on Professional and Enterprise Plans
- Recovered Revenue Report
- Plan Performance Report - Available on Enterprise 2016 Plan only
Updated 8 months ago