All of the exports listed in the below table are available through the admin console and the Recurly API.
Exports will use the site timezone (under Site Settings) rather than the users timezone when determining what data will be exported. Additionally, the days that are requested will be exported in their entirety rather than potentially having missing data for current day.
See Export Versions for information about how changes to individual exports will create new versions of that export.
See Automated Exports for more information about access via the Recurly API.
Account notes that have been created on accounts.
All unpaid invoices and associated aging of receivables.
Each charge and credit adjustment, including tax information broken down by jurisdiction (country, state/province, county, city, special).
Each charge and credit adjustment broken out by discount per coupon redemption.
This export will only show on the Exports page if you have Multiple Coupons Per Account enabled under Coupon Settings.
Billing information associated with accounts.
All coupons that are set-up on the site.
All unique codes for a bulk coupon.
All redemptions of coupons.
All purchased gift cards.
Invoice header information and summary totals.
All invoice numbers not used for generated invoices.
All plan add-ons created from a saved item in your Item Catalog.
All subscription add-ons created from a saved item in your Item Catalog.
A Revenue waterfall for your charges on a monthly basis.
*This export will only show on the Exports page if the site has the Revenue Recognition feature enabled
Your customers' subscriptions to your plans.
Subscriptions that have expired and are no longer active.
All subscription add-ons.
Usage records logged for your customer's usage-based subscription add-ons.
Data sent to the payment gateway when processing a transaction.
Note- this export is no longer actively maintained. It has now been replaced by two exports: Invoices - Summary and Adjustments
Once your site has the Credit Invoices feature enabled, this export will no longer be available.
Starting in June 2018, Recurly will be versioning export changes. The following changes will be versioned:
- column name changes
- column deletions
- column order changes
- column additions
- export file name changes
- values in a column change type (example: a string becomes a number)
- the definition of the column significantly changes (i.e. the values will represent a different meaning)
As of 5/20/2019, when new columns are added to any export, they will be appended to the end of the export, not placed elsewhere. This is to reduce incompatibility with code that may be consuming a certain structure.
New values added to an existing column will NOT be versioned.
The Exports user interface in the admin console will default to the NEWEST version when it is released. Users will have the opportunity to choose the previous "old" version up to 3 months after the newest is released, after which the older version will be deprecated.
A new version of an export will produce a new page in documentation, detailing a summary of the changes and the updated column names, definitions, etc.
Exports can be generated through the admin console. When you generate an export, you can also select a date range for the information you want to receive. Once you request the export, the request will begin processing. You can view the status of your request on the export page. Once your request is completed you'll see a "Download" link that you can then click to get the export.
All exports default to using ZIP compression.
- Navigate to Analytics-> Exports.
- Change the date range to be May 1 - May 31st.
- Select Accounts and leave All chosen.
- Click Request Export
- Navigate to Analytics -> Exports.
- Leave the date range as All Time.
- Select Subscriptions - Churned.
- Click Request Export
- Navigate to Analytics -> Exports.
- Change the date range to be July 1 - July 31st
- Select Coupon Redemptions.
- Click Request Export.
Sometimes, the information you need will be split across more than one export. Excel will allow you to perform a join, and combine the exports. For instructions on combining exports, please see this video.
Recurly provides the option to schedule the above mentioned set of exports ahead of time and retrieve them via the API without needing to log into the admin console to retrieve your exports.
This solution is a good option for businesses that maintain their own data warehouse and want to automate the process of aligning their data warehouse with the data available from Recurly. Some of this data is available via the Recurly API but exports generally provide a broader set of attributes about each object than what is available via each API object.
- This feature is only available to sites on our Professional or Enterprise plans.
- Sites in sandbox mode may try out this feature but will no longer be able to access configured exports in production unless they are on the Professional or Enterprise Plans.
- Export schedules configured in sandbox will continue to run once a site is moved into production on Professional or Enterprise plans. Users will not have to re-configure export schedules.
- Automated Export configurations can be set up and deleted via the admin console under the "Integrations" section of the navigation. This "Automated Exports" UI is only available to users with the "Integrations" role.
- Configured automated exports will NOT be accessible via the Automated Exports UI. Once export schedules are set up, daily exports must be retrieved via the Recurly API. See below for more details about how to access that data.
- New versions of an export will be made available via the Automated Exports configuration, but your configured export will not automatically update to the newest version.
- In order to bump versions of an export, simply delete the existing export's configuration and re-add it using the newest version.
- Every export available via the "Exports" section of the admin console can be scheduled via automated exports.
- The service runs nightly at around midnight in your site timezone and includes YESTERDAY's data from each export you choose to receive.
** The same time range filters (ex: modified_at, created_at, etc.) available via the Export UI are available for each export type via Automated Exports. For example - you may receive subscriptions modified yesterday AND subscriptions created yesterday.
- The status filters (i.e. account status, invoice status, subscription status) available on the Exports UI are not available via Automated Exports. The service is meant to provide the entire data set, not a partial set.
- In order to retrieve the data exports, merchants will use their private API key to poll an endpoint on the Recurly API.
The API will return a signed URL. This secure URL is active for only 60 minutes and will provide access to a secure location where the data exports will be stored. This process should be done for each export configured.
- We recommend that customers poll the specified endpoints approximately 2 hours after the exports have run to see if data is ready for download. If the export is not available for download, you will receive a 404 response until it is fully uploaded and available.
Updated about a month ago