CCPA, or the California’s Consumer Privacy Act, is a law applying to for-profit entities that do business in California and have a role in determining the means and purposes of the processing of personal information. Please note that may aspects of CCPA are still being modified; Recurly will update this page as more decisions are introduced.
Recurly supports CCPA, specifically these factors:
- Section 1798.135 - Opt-Out Right for Sales: Recurly does not sell personal information so this section does not apply.
- Section 1798.150 - Right of Action. Recurly encrypts all personal information at rest, therefore this section does not apply.
- Section 1798.100(d) - Right to Access. Requests may be made to Recurly by contacting [email protected] via an authorized Recurly account. Recurly will respond, free of charge, within 45 days, in an electronic format.
- Section 1798.105(c) - Right of Deletion. Requests for deletion may be made to Recurly by contacting [email protected] via an authorized Recurly account. Recurly will respond, free of charge, within 45 days, in an electronic format.
Recurly may refuse the right to deletion where personal information is needed to:
- Complete a transaction; provide goods or services reasonably anticipated for ongoing relationship with the Consumer; or perform contract between the Business and the Consumer
- Detect security incidents or other illegal activity
- Debug and repair errors to existing functionality
- Exercise free speech or other right provided by law
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act or other legal obligation
- Research in the public interest
- Enable internal uses aligned with Consumer expectations or compatible with the context in which the * Consumer provided the information (e.g., trend forecasting, audit logs)
Requests for deletion from end-users will be forwarded to the merchant for their direct action.
Recurly collects the following categories of information, defined by CCPA as Personal Information:
Identifiers such as a real name, alias (Recurly username), address, unique personal identifier (Recurly account code), tax identification number, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address.
Any additional questions related to Recurly and California’s Consumer Privacy Act may be directed to [email protected].
Updated over 2 years ago