This feature or setting is available to all customers on any Recurly subscription plan.
Braintree restricts usage of its gateway to certain business types. If your business is on the list of restricted business models described on Braintree’s Acceptance Use Policy, you will not be able to use the Braintree gateway.
Braintree, a full-stack payment platform known for its robust support for mobile and online transactions, can be easily integrated with Recurly, allowing merchants to process payments effortlessly. Braintree supports multiple currencies, requiring a separate gateway configuration for each currency with Recurly.
|Services that work with Recurly
|Subscription Billing, One-time Payments
|Authorize, Purchase, Refund, Void
|Supported Payment Types
|Credit/Debit Cards, PayPal, Venmo
|Supported Card Brands
|Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover, JCB, Diners, Union Pay
|Gateway Specific 3DS2 Supported
|Card on File Supported
|Multiple (per merchant account ID)
For merchants wishing to accept multiple currencies through Braintree, it is necessary to configure individual Braintree gateway instances for each currency. To do this, you will need your Merchant ID, Merchant Account ID, Public Key, and Private Key. Notably, the Merchant Account ID specifies the currency that is enabled.
Recurly now empowers you to process PayPal transactions through your Braintree merchant account. It is crucial to ensure that your Braintree merchant account is correctly configured to accept PayPal transactions.
To enhance your checkout experience, we recommend utilizing Recurly.js v4 to initiate the PayPal one-touch checkout flow. For a detailed guide, please refer to the Recurly.js PayPal section.
It's important to note that the transaction details displayed in Recurly Admin for PayPal payments via Braintree may vary slightly from other payment methods. This is primarily because Recurly receives and securely stores Braintree’s vault token rather than the actual PayPal Billing Agreement. Recurly will employ this Braintree vault token for all ensuing PayPal transactions.
See the Venmo payment method for more information.
Before integrating Braintree with Recurly, you will need the following Braintree credentials:
- Merchant ID
- Merchant Account ID (for each currency you intend to accept)
- Public Key
- Private Key
You can find these details in your Braintree Control Panel.
- Log in to your Recurly account.
- Navigate to Configuration > Payment Gateways.
- Click on Add a Gateway, and then select Braintree from the list of available gateways.
- Enter your Braintree credentials: Merchant ID, Public Key, and Private Key.
- For multi-currency support, add separate Braintree gateways for each Merchant Account ID (each associated with a different currency).
- To enable Zero Dollar Authorizations, select the card types you wish to utilize. Visa and Mastercard are supported.
- To comply with Visa’s free trial mandate, if your Braintree merchant account is associated with Australia or Canada specifically, choose one of those countries from the dropdown options. For all other countries, choose ‘Other’.
If you are not running free trials, choose ‘None’. See https://docs.recurly.com/docs/visa-free-trial-mandate#updates-for-braintree for more information.
If you want to process PayPal transactions through Braintree:
- Ensure that your Braintree merchant account is configured to accept PayPal transactions. This might require contacting Braintree support or checking within your Braintree Control Panel.
- In the Recurly Braintree configuration page, check the option to Enable PayPal.
Before going live, it’s wise to run test transactions to ensure the integration is functioning as expected. To test, your Recurly Account must be in development mode or production mode. It cannot be tested in sandbox mode.
- In your Recurly account, navigate to the Payment Gateways configuration page for Braintree and click Test Configuration.
- Check the test results. Successful tests will confirm that Recurly can communicate with Braintree and process transactions.
- Once you have tested successfully and are ready to go live, make sure your Braintree account is in “Production” mode (not “Sandbox”).
- In your Recurly account, navigate to the Braintree configuration page and change the environment to Production.
- Save your settings.
After going live, continually monitor your transactions through the Recurly Admin Interface or Braintree’s Control Panel. Regularly review reports and analytics to optimize your payment operations.
Updated about 2 months ago