Open a free sandbox account at https://app.recurly.com/signup.
You must select a data hosting region for your new site when you open the sandbox account.
Your free sandbox will not expire unless you: close the site, move it into production mode, or fail to log in to the site for 60 days. The system will send you a reminder email near the end of this timeframe, to remind you to log back in to retain access to your site.
You can click "Create plan" to use the walk-through tutorial, or you can "go straight to your account" and explore on your own.
HINT: Go to Configuration --> Plans
- Create a plan that costs $10 and recurs every 15 days
- Create a plan that has a $15 setup fee and costs $50 a month
- Create a plan that costs $60 a month that runs for a year then ends
- Create a plan with a 15 day free trial that costs $45 a month and has 2 add-ons
Sign up 4 individuals, one person per plan, through the hosted payment pages.
HINT: Your hosted payment page URLs can be found within each Subscription Plan.
Create an account for a new customer and manually add a subscription on their account page
- Create a coupon that is for 50% off for 3 months
- Create a coupon that is 10% off forever that can be redeemed 5 times
- Create a coupon that can only be used on your $50/month plan
- Create a coupon that will give you 40% off the first invoice it is applied to
- Create a set of 50 bulk unique code coupons for $5 off of any subscription, to be applied indefinitely
- Add a company logo to your hosted payment page
- Add a terms of Service URL that is: http://didthelakersgetswept.com/
- Change your signup button text to give your HPP (hosted payment page) flair
- Invite your email address to your Recurly site with all permissions except configuration
- Change your Dunning settings to have 5 attempts that leave the subscription active after 20 days
- Add a technical contact to your Site Settings
- Change your listed phone number to your company's main number
- Turn off the Subscription Expired template
- Redeem a coupon on a customer's account
- Change a subscription plan's renewal date in the customer account
- Cancel a customers subscription and give a prorated refund
- Cancel a customers subscription and have it take place at the next renewal
- Add a pending charge to a customers account
- Add a credit to a customers account then post a one time transaction
- Edit a customer's subscription so the pricing is different than the plan's default price and have the changes take place immediately
- Migrate a customer from one plan to another and have it take place on next renewal
- Partially Refund an invoice
- Void a transaction
- Enable sales tax
- Collect tax in all regions except New Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Washington D.C.
Updated 8 months ago