The Billings Report calculates the total amount of successful payments, refunds and the net of the two over a selected time period. Each category is separated out into payments, refunds and net billings from new vs. renewing customers.
What's included in the report?
- New payments are the sum of all successful first time payments on an account
- Renewing payments are the sum of all successful payments where the payment is not the first transaction on an account.
- New refunds are the sum all refunds of new payments. Correspondingly, renewing refunds are the sum all of refunds on renewing payments.
- The new vs. renewing categories are NOT based upon the subscription, but rather on the account
- Voids and $1 authorizations are not included.
- Net Billings = payments - refunds
- Sites that support more than one currency will see a default view that shows the total payments, refunds and net billings across all currencies, converted to their primary currency and summed.
- Users can also view the payments, refunds and net billings processed in each individual supported currency on their site.
- Conversion rates are updated daily (via https://openexchangerates.org/) Historical billings use the conversion rate at time of transaction and do not change over time for current conversion rates.
Ways to use
This report can help you answer questions like:
- Is there seasonality to my business?
- Is there year-over-year payments growth?
- How often am I issuing refunds to customers?
Updated 2 years ago